FlashMaster659

Monday #s - TLJ 21.6M

32 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

It’s an East Coast and Midwest thing I assume. Literally everyone I know up and down the West Coast is off this week. I’m really glad I didn’t grow up elsewhere. Their schedules make NO sense! You always get a week off before Xmas and a week after. I don’t understand why anyone would be at school through Friday when Christmas is Monday. It’s bizarre to me. 

My wife’s last day is Friday. It’s a half day I believe and I think they go back Jan 3rd. We live in Southeast Louisiana. 

TLJ was never going to have first week numbers like TFA.  With most of schools still in until the end of the week, it's just not possible to see the kind of drops TFA had when everyone was already out in 2015.  The extra week comes after the new year, so the first of January will be interesting, that's when kids will be out this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

Looks like that Star Wars under Justice League Worldwide Club is winning after all

sw8 vs jw ww is going to be close. 

thinking 750m + 825m = 1.575b ww for sw8. jw is 1.672b ww, higher by ~95m but sw8 could surprise in some os markets legs-wise and on the higher-end get there.

Edited by a2knet

Since schools are still in, wouldn't it make sense that this weeks acts closer to a regular week than a Christmas week?  If it jumps by 10% today then wouldn't it fall by more than 20% tomorrow?  It could have a 95-100 mill second weekend.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

sw8 vs jw ww is going to be close. 

thinking 750m + 825m = 1.575b ww for sw8. jw is 1.672b ww, higher by ~95m but sw8 could surprise in some os markets legs-wise and on the higher-end get there.

@BoilingHotCoffee said Justice League, not Jurassic World.

And to that.... huh? Justice League is gonna top out under 700M WW, while Star Wars is gonna be past 600M by next weekend at the very least, probably over 700M. Was it a typo or did you actually mean that?

10 hours ago, The Last Panda said:

Key thing here

TFA 77% of schools out, TLJ only 31%.

That's over double.  I expect TLJ will have more spread holiday legs.

this

anddd this..

4 hours ago, narniadis said:

I am going to be laughing when Jedi rounds 600m and still has lots of gas. The fact that No one can go look at the past calendar for this release period and see that this is as normal as a 200m OW blockbuster can behave with this calendar configuration means you are only trying to drive a particular picture of information. 

Edited by XO21
  • Like 1

$100M for weekdays as in including Xmas or not? Because including Xmas it’ll be a hell of a lot more than that. I think $40M Xmas day, $30M range during the week for Tues - Thurs. Easily $140M 4 weekdays including Xmas. Next week as usual and as you can see from last year the week will increase not decrease from this week. 

3 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

$100M for weekdays as in including Xmas or not? Because including Xmas it’ll be a hell of a lot more than that. I think $40M Xmas day, $30M range during the week for Tues - Thurs. Easily $140M 4 weekdays including Xmas. Next week as usual and as you can see from last year the week will increase not decrease from this week. 

It's going to be huge on Christmas Day, no doubt.  I don't feel like figuring out the numbers right now, but its going to jump a bare minimum of 10% on CD, if not more.  So assuming it's around 20 for CE, then it will hit 40 or 45 for CD.

15 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

It's going to be huge on Christmas Day, no doubt.  I don't feel like figuring out the numbers right now, but its going to jump a bare minimum of 10% on CD, if not more.  So assuming it's around 20 for CE, then it will hit 40 or 45 for CD.

US Cinemas are open Xmas day?:winomg:

Edited by AndyK

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

US Cinemas are open Xmas day?:winomg:

Christmas Day is one of the biggest moviegoing days of the whole year in the US.

Christmas Eve on the other hand gives a big uppercut to box office

• Like 2