FlashMaster659

Monday #s - TLJ 21.6M

17 minutes ago, FTF said:

I meant the RT audience score.  I believe the IMDb score is legit, but was saying that say it drops 10% from TFA, that that isn’t that crazy.

Well, in reality most films sit between the 6-9 range, so the difference between a 8.1 and a 7.3 is actually pretty huge.

The online reaction to this film is mixed, there are quite a lot of people who hated it. Bots found on rotten tomatoes and 4chan trolls do not somehow discredit every real review,comment and rating.

13 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

There is certainly trolling in these scores.  My question is if it's all bots why can't they bring the score down more?  Like to 1%? Imdb to 1.0, etc.  Bots can be essentially unlimited votes, right?  

Not sure, I would hope creating an account couldn't be so easily automated.

Edited by IronJimbo

So now the RT score is all bots? Lmao, give me a break. It already has over 115k votes. even setting aside the 50k it had before release, that is a good enough number to gauge WOM. For further evidence, look at BO.com's Twitter Pos:Neg ratio which kept dropping since OD. I remember TFA had around 20-1. TLJ has 5-1.

I am so curious about how it will hold tomorrow. I think the increase won't be bigger than 5%. That is, if it doesn't stay flat. 

• Like 4

That's a good number for Star Wars.

Even though I didn't love the movie, I wish the best. I think it had great parts and bad parts, but it for sure is calling attention. People are talking about it. That's what Star Wars is about. The fanbase has always been hard to please.

I might see it again this Saturday. My mother didn't watch The Force Awakens and she's curious about The Last Jedi. I definitely told her to give it a try. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

1 minute ago, James said:

So now the RT score is all bots? Lmao, give me a break. It already has over 115k votes. even setting aside the 50k it had before release, that is a good enough number to gauge WOM. For further evidence, look at BO.com's Twitter Pos:Neg ratio which kept dropping since OD. I remember TFA had around 20-1. TLJ has 5-1.

I am so curious about how it will hold tomorrow. I think the increase won't be bigger than 5%. That is, if it doesn't stay flat. 

The delusion required to write off all online reactions because some bots were spotted on rotten tomatoes, they're doing perfect 10s in mental gymnastics.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Christmas baumer said:

Are you kidding me?  

Why should I be kidding?

Trading here is not allowed on Xmas/Easter day by law to protect workers from being forced to work.

Some small shops are exempt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

Why should I be kidding?

Trading here is not allowed on Xmas/Easter day by law to protect workers from being forced to work.

Some small shops are exempt.

America isn't exactly hot on workers rights.

35 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah guys, imbd, rt and metacritic is 100% bots and trolls. If we look at the top 1000 users on Imdb, the ones who have legit accounts and gave thousands of ratings to film, it shows just how trolled the 7.8 score is.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/ratings?demo=top_1000_voters

oh... wait

Think it indeed is being trolled. You may not have liked it, but no way is TLJ a 1 out of 10. That is trolling period end of sentence.

16 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Well, in reality most films sit between the 6-9 range, so the difference between a 8.1 and a 7.3 is actually pretty huge.

The online reaction to this film is mixed, there are quite a lot of people who hated it. Bots found on rotten tomatoes and 4chan trolls do not somehow discredit every real review,comment and rating.

Not sure, I would hope creating an account couldn't be so easily automated.

Ah yes, IronJimbo, the voice of reason, taking an overview and non-biased opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

not much in the way of towering #1 rankings until the Maze RUnner 3 at the end of January.  unless....  12 Strong explodes.  Or Paddington 2, or The Commuter, or Insidious, or if any of the limited December releases takes flight at the BO.

The Post will dominate the 12th and 19th. It could even be #1 for 4 weeks!

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:01 AM, Blaze Heatnix said:

According to imdb, more than 31.000 users gave The Last Jedi a 10/10, which is hilarious.

According to imdb, 7900 users gave it a 1/10, which is also hilarious.

If there are bots, obviously there are more bots that gave it a 10 than bots who are downvoting it. 

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

According to imdb, more than 31.000 users gave The Last Jedi a 10/10, which is hilarious.

According to imdb, 7900 users gave it a 1/10, which is also hilarious.

If there are bots, obviously there are more bots that gave it a 10 than bots who are downvoting it. 

Bot Wars 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AndyK said:

But it is hot on religious zealotry, you would think they would kick up a fuss over trading on Xmas day.

Religious freedom, though, too...and we have a heckuva lot of religions in the US that don't do Christmas (I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood, and that neighborhood's tradition was to always go to the movies Christmas day, since they were off work/school for a holiday they didn't celebrate and most everything else was closed:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AndyK said:

But it is hot on religious zealotry, you would think they would kick up a fuss over trading on Xmas day.

Eh, that went the way with shops being closed on Sunday. There is only a small part of the country that's really that zealous.