FlashMaster659

Monday #s - TLJ 21.6M

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

What is your work schedule next week? My company is giving us Monday/Tuesday off. I am taking vacation for the other 3 days. 10 days off from 23rd to 1st and only using 3 vacation days. Pretty nice!

That is pretty sweet, not teacher generous, but a good deal. I've got Thursday and Friday off this week, all next week, and then back to work on Wed., Jan. 3rd. I think that's fairly typical for schools across the U.S.

5 minutes ago, jedieb said:

That is pretty sweet, not teacher generous, but a good deal. I've got Thursday and Friday off this week, all next week, and then back to work on Wed., Jan. 3rd. I think that's fairly typical for schools across the U.S.

You're a teacher? I would say you are earning those breaks from work. That is a tough job. 

13 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

You're a teacher? I would say you are earning those breaks from work. That is a tough job. 

I've been out of the classroom for 4 years, I'm now an instructional coach, but I occasionally get to co-teach a lesson with elementary students. I miss the days where I would show SW films before holiday breaks and at the end of the year when everyone is bouncing off the walls. My office still has a couple of SW posters up and all of my work related avatars are pictures of Yoda, so everyone knows where I stand. I had a video conference today where all people saw of me was a nice image of Luke in his Ahch-To outfit.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This will be more like RO in legs then SW7.

Could end up below both as those films are better. 

Do you mean multiplier...

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jedieb said:

We go until noon on Friday. Kids go back on Jan. 9.

Looking at the numbers, anything 20 million plus is solid.  Rogue One dropped 53% and that had 17% more kids on vacation at the time which is certainly significant.

If it can match Rogue One's 53.3% drop, that would put it at 24 million which IMO would be outstanding.

TFA drop shouldn't be looked at as it had 46% MORE kids on vacation and isn't a realistic comparison.  I'm looking at 24 million as the over/under for excitement, with 20 plus being perfectly fine.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Speaking of kids, I saw OW figures had 16 and unders making up 15% of the audience...how does that compare to last 2 Star Wars (TFA and RO) if anyone knows?  

I don’t have specific figures remembered, but I do recall Force Awakens having a slightly older split on opening weekend compared to TLJ. TFA also was more male skewed on OW

• Like 1

Some theaters are already posting their full schedules up until Christmas Day and I'm kind of scared to see what the theater drops are gonna look like for all holdovers. Coco is likely gonna lose over 1,000 theaters and both Wonder and Justice League are likely gonna lose over 1,500 each (JL has a great chance at losing around 2,000 theaters overall between Wednesday and next Monday, yikes).