FlashMaster659

Monday #s - TLJ 21.6M

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Will be big Sunday drops though this weekend for everything because it’s Christmas Eve. 

Traditionally 50-55% drop.

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ha, I know I always find that strange.

But yeh it’s one of their biggest cinema days.

Lol well I mean once you finish with family stuff it’s usually still early, plenty of time to go watch movies. I can’t imagine theaters being closed on a day everyone has off. Seems like a missed business opportunity. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FTF said:

Not this again!  And as far as the imdb, TFA is only an 8.1.

tfa 8.8 (currently 8.1) and ro 8.3 (currently 7.8) after the ow.

Edited by a2knet

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

tfa 8.8 (currently 8.1) and ro 8.3 (currently 7.4) after the ow.

suggesting that TLJ could end up lower than revenge of sith (7.6), joining the most hated two-prequel, TPM and AOTC, as the third worst star wars movie, only difference is, those two were panned by critics too, this one was actually heavily back-up 

RO is 7.8 currently 

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Firepower said:

TFA was 8.7-8.8 with the same amount of votes.

TFA wasn't attacked by bots.

I don't think TLJ would have as strong a score as TFA anyways as TFA was more optimistic and fan pleasing, but I don't think the RT score is in anyway legit.

Just now, Sand-omJC said:

Not gonna lie. 21.5 feels disappointing. But it makes sense, and Tues will probably see a nice jump. I guess it's really a waiting game now till the weekend to see how TLJ fairs over Christmas Eve, and Christmas.

It’s a good number and I think Discount Tuesday will be much better for Last Jedi than we saw for Rogue One last year (no increase).

Every huge opener this year has jumped around 20-30% on the first Tuesday. I think Last Jedi will jump at least 10%. 

29 minutes ago, FTF said:

Not this again!  And as far as the imdb, TFA is only an 8.1.

Yeah guys, imbd, rt and metacritic is 100% bots and trolls. If we look at the top 1000 users on Imdb, the ones who have legit accounts and gave thousands of ratings to film, it shows just how trolled the 7.8 score is.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/ratings?demo=top_1000_voters

oh... wait

Just now, Sand-omJC said:

Not gonna lie. 21.5 feels disappointing. But it makes sense, and Tues will probably see a nice jump. I guess it's really a waiting game now till the weekend to see how TLJ fairs over Christmas Eve, and Christmas.

It’s a good number and I think Discount Tuesday will be much better for Last Jedi than we saw for Rogue One last year (no increase).

Every huge opener this year has jumped around 20-30% on the first Tuesday. I think Last Jedi will jump at least 10%. 

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah guys, imbd, rt and metacritic is 100% bots and trolls. If we look at the top 1000 users on Imdb, the ones who have legit accounts and gave thousands of ratings to film, it shows just how trolled the 7.8 score is.

oh... wait

hahaah!!! so the trollers found! they are actually from IMDB's 1000 voters, who give 6.6/10!!!!

• Haha 1

Even if it drops to say 7.3, that’s only a 10% drop from TFA...and I’m not arguing it’s as loved/liked as TFA, it’s def not and it’s much more divisive, but to act like it’s getting as much hate as say TPM or AotC or TF5, etc. is complete hyperbole. The passion/vitriol by those who really dislike it though seems very high.

Just now, FTF said:

Even if it drops to say 7.3, that’s only a 10% drop from TFA...and I’m not arguing it’s as loved/liked as TFA, it’s def not and it’s much more divisive, but to act like it’s getting as much hate as say TPM or AotC or TF5, etc. is complete hyperbole. The passion/vitriol by those who really dislike it though seems very high.

It reminds me of Sith, which has strong views in both directions. Ultimately they pretty much cancel each other out and Sith is probably a “middle of the pack” film in the franchise. 

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

oh... wait

I meant the RT audience score.  I believe the IMDb score is legit, but was saying that say it drops 10% from TFA, that that isn’t that crazy.

• Like 2