AniNate

SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge Out of Water | Paul Tibbitt | Feb. 6, 2015 | First Trailer on Page 9

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie was great. I haven't watched the show since a few episodes after the movie (which is apparently when the show started going downhill as far as creativity goes). I hear that is has pretty much become another Simpsons, where none of the new episodes realy bring anything new. Still, we should be on the look out for this one. The Simpsons was, what, eight years out of its supposed heydey when The Simpsons Movie came out and ended up being awesome. I could see the same thing happening to Spongebob.

Spongebob is actually on right now, I laugh as much now as I did when i was in kindergarten. Some of the best writing and voice work for a cartoon ever. Im still more excited for this more than anything Disney and Dreamworks are dishing out in the coming months.I also heard on the Facebook page that this is set for 11/14/14, 10 years after the original.

Edited by LeFlop James
  • Like 1

Release date is now November 14, 2014 according to the Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Spongebob-Squarepants-Movie-2-3D/347706352025783?ref=bf

The first four seasons of Spongebob were, and still are, gold. Perfect comedy, great characters, good plots. After the movie, the quality just went downhill for some reason. The newer episodes are very unfunny and rude, and most of the characters' personalities aren't the same anymore. The only new special I've liked since the movie was Truth or Square (and maybe Friend or Foe). I'm hoping that the sequel will have the humor that made the series so loved in the first place. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Can't see it being that popular against Big Hero 6 and Home, I imagine the budget isn't huge so Paramount will probably be happy with $100m or so total.

Ill have to disagree there. SS is an extremely well known property, and one of the most iconic characters of all time and #1 of the 21st century. BH6 and Home arent guaranteed hits, and though BH6 isnt an original property, i doubt there are many non-comic people that know what it is. I gotta give the leg up to Spongebob right now.
  • Like 1

Ill have to disagree there. SS is an extremely well known property, and one of the most iconic characters of all time and #1 of the 21st century. BH6 and Home arent guaranteed hits, and though BH6 isnt an original property, i doubt there are many non-comic people that know what it is. I gotta give the leg up to Spongebob right now.

BH6, what about WiR? A general area (can't think of right wording) video game movie, BH6 will bring in cb fans and the WIR crowd. #1 of the 21st C a little bit much, don't you think?

Can't see it being that popular against Big Hero 6 and Home, I imagine the budget isn't huge so Paramount will probably be happy with $100m or so total.

The first one didn't even break 100M; I doubt this one will when the popularity among older people (a big portion of SpongeBob's viewers) has notably decreased.

I wonder what this one could possibly be about though. also does anyone else realize the Phineas and Ferb movie was supposed to come out next week?

They should've just put their TV movie in theaters. That was such a good TV-to-Movie adaptation; worthy of a theatrical release IMO

I wonder what this one could possibly be about though. also does anyone else realize the Phineas and Ferb movie was supposed to come out next week?

It was pushed to 2014 last year, but even then there's almost no info about it. Not even a director attached to it yet.

I hope this is traditional animation, not CGI and especially 3D.

Itll be traditional animation, but it will have 3D post conversion, just like every major animated movie since 2009.

Edited by jandrew