AniNate

SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge Out of Water | Paul Tibbitt | Feb. 6, 2015 | First Trailer on Page 9

Everybody chill, it'll be a mix of live action and 2D animation, just like the last. The forum is quick to overreact with animated movies. Frozen, Kung Fu Panda (well Mojo, but still), go back and read the first pages of the Lego thread. Everyone just relax.

I have no doubt this will be just as bad as the show currently is.

And? 15 years old and its still #1 in the ratings, so someone apparently doesnt think its bad. Even more acclaimed shows like Hey Arnold and Rugrats didn't last that long. All of you guys are underestimating this movie because of youre displeasure of the current episodes. I only watch the old, pre-2005 episodes, but I'm not going to use "the terrible new episodes" as a reason for this "to be bad." 

• Like 1

And? 15 years old and its still #1 in the ratings, so someone apparently doesnt think its bad. Even more acclaimed shows like Hey Arnold and Rugrats didn't last that long. All of you guys are underestimating this movie because of youre displeasure of the current episodes. I only watch the old, pre-2005 episodes, but I'm not going to use "the terrible new episodes" as a reason for this "to be bad." 

When was I talking about ratings? I never mentioned ratings? The new Spongebob is horrible, the characters are extremely unlikeable now. The only thing this film has going for it as far as I'm concerned is that apparently none of the writers of the current show are involved with it.

Just watch any of TheMysteriousMrEnter's animated atrocities. He explains perfectly well, why Spongebob has been sucking since after the movie.

• Like 1

When was I talking about ratings? I never mentioned ratings? The new Spongebob is horrible, the characters are extremely unlikeable now. The only thing this film has going for it as far as I'm concerned is that apparently none of the writers of the current show are involved with it. Just watch any of TheMysteriousMrEnter's animated atrocities. He explains perfectly well, why Spongebob has been sucking since after the movie.

My kid watches Spongebob, I sometimes watch with her and in all honesty apart from the animation, I can barely tell the difference between the new episodes and the old ones. Seems the same old schtick to me. I had no idea there's actually people out there that concerned with a supposed "declining quality" of Spongebob. Does it's audience actually care?
  • Like 2

My kid watches Spongebob, I sometimes watch with her and in all honesty apart from the animation, I can barely tell the difference between the new episodes and the old ones. Seems the same old schtick to me.I had no idea there's actually people out there that concerned with a supposed "declining quality" of Spongebob. Does it's audience actually care?

For me it's not even close. Regardless of what you think of Spongebob as a whole. The pre movies episode are not the same as the newer ones. Spongebob is just annoying when he used to be kinda clever, Patrick is dumber than ever, Squidward is tortured a lot more, especially often for no reason, Mr. Krabs is greedier than ever etc... The writers have taken one specifically trait of a character and exaggerated it to a full.

I don't watch Spongebob anymore, but before I jumped shipped (not just because I got older), I noticed that the newer episodes felt like 12 minutes stretched out really long.

That being said, I honestly hope this movie at least "decent", especially since it has "newer" writers to Spongebob, so to say, but I'm not a fan of CGI Spongebob.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Not that SpongeBob has the tightest continuity, but I'd be curious to see how they explain SpongeBob being giant and somehow being able to breathe out of water

What am I kidding; this movie is gonna be utter shit... I wish we had gotten the Phineas and Ferb live-action movie with Jim Carrey instead; at least that had potential

Edited by Blankments

Everybody chill, it'll be a mix of live action and 2D animation, just like the last. The forum is quick to overreact with animated movies. Frozen, Kung Fu Panda (well Mojo, but still), go back and read the first pages of the Lego thread. Everyone just relax.And? 15 years old and its still #1 in the ratings, so someone apparently doesnt think its bad. Even more acclaimed shows like Hey Arnold and Rugrats didn't last that long. All of you guys are underestimating this movie because of youre displeasure of the current episodes. I only watch the old, pre-2005 episodes, but I'm not going to use "the terrible new episodes" as a reason for this "to be bad."

Well, with those films, we had a precursor that gave us hope. (Disney brand for Frozen, Lord/Miller for LEGO, etc.) I see nothing for this.This is still probably going to be big as the main family attraction of the first part of 2015, as long as the show is still popular.Is anyone else also really bummed that the Phineas and Ferb movie isn't happening?
  • Like 2

The Smurfs was also live action mixed with CGI and look how that piece of shit turned out.

Why Hollywood can´t give us a full hand drawn animated feature for once in our lives? 

I am dissapointed man.

• Like 1

Is anyone else also really bummed that the Phineas and Ferb movie isn't happening?

I posted about that on this page actually :lol:

Yeah, the Phineas and Ferb movie sounded surprisingly awesome for the type of movie it was. Alas, not to be

• Like 2