AniNate

SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge Out of Water | Paul Tibbitt | Feb. 6, 2015 | First Trailer on Page 9

Does Nick have any good shows now? I don't really watch them anymore, but it seems all the stuff that got good buzz has since ended or jumped the shark.

Phineas and Ferb is the big cartoon show now, I think. iCarly is incredibly successful but probably wouldn't translate to the big screen well. A Last Airbender movie produced on a shoestring budget is feasible, I guess. I still want my Hey Arnold sequel, but Nick hasn't aired that show in a decade, so I won't hold my breath. :lol:

Phineas and Ferb is the big cartoon show now, I think. iCarly is incredibly successful but probably wouldn't translate to the big screen well. A Last Airbender movie produced on a shoestring budget is feasible, I guess.I still want my Hey Arnold sequel, but Nick hasn't aired that show in a decade, so I won't hold my breath. :lol:

Phineas and Ferb is Disney. I think a lot of Nick's new shows are live action now like Victorious and Big Time Rush. They're spinning-off Avatar: The Last Airbender with The Legend of Korra, that could make a good movie.

Eh, was another one necessary? I haven't watched the show in years, apparently it's not good anymore. Nick should do the scrapped finale to "Hey Arnold!" instead, where Arnold finally meets his parents, even though that series ended 8 years ago. Anyways, to answer the question "Does Nick have any good shows anymore?" (whoever asked it) I believe they went downhill sometime after 2001 or so.Early prediction - 30/75

Edited by Safari92

Eh, was another one necessary? I haven't watched the show in years, apparently it's not good anymore. Nick should do the scrapped finale to "Hey Arnold!" instead, where Arnold finally meets his parents, even though that series ended 8 years ago. Anyways, to answer the question "Does Nick have any good shows anymore?" (whoever asked it) I believe they went downhill sometime after 2001 or so.Early prediction - 30/75

I was 8 in 2001, id say Nick went out in 2006, after Jimmy Neutron ended, and what worries me about Spongebob is the original writers left after the movie, since that was supposed to be the finale, and ive heard a lot of critisms about the newer episodes not really being funny- and theyre not. I dont think a new one is necessary, but if Nickelodeon and Paramount make it worth while, ill be there.
  • Like 1

I was 8 in 2001, id say Nick went out in 2006, after Jimmy Neutron ended, and what worries me about Spongebob is the original writers left after the movie, since that was supposed to be the finale, and ive heard a lot of critisms about the newer episodes not really being funny- and theyre not. I dont think a new one is necessary, but if Nickelodeon and Paramount make it worth while, ill be there.

Hmmm, I wasn't really into Jimmy Neutron back then, but I did like the movie. (I saw it when it first came out, of course) But I stopped watching Nick around that time, except for The Fairly Odd-Parents. I've never seen an episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender, believe it or not. Who knows, maybe the second film will do better, no movie based on a Nick animated show grossed 100M except The Rugrats Movie. SpongeBob 2 could do it, but I don't think it will. Could be good.

Spongebob is still well loved by kids, it may not be funny to us anymore since we're grown ups already but the kids still are very much into it. I saw cable ratings TV By The Numbers and Spongebob show dominate the ratings although I think it's the only popular Nick has currently since Disney Junior toons are dominating the kids market.I do miss the old school Nick toons. My favorites were Hey Arnold, Rugrats, The Wild Thornberries, Invader Zim and As Told By Ginger. Ginger is a rare kind of kids show that has character development