grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

2 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

You'll be really disappointed to find out he's getting his own trilogy.

Considering directors and people have been getting fired left and right for SW, to suggest this a done deal or that these will be as remotely as popular as these films is absurd. 

5 minutes ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

I mean, the film definitely has flaws and it’s not my favorite Star Wars film. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna throw Rian Johnson off the boat 

Feel like firing him off at hyperspace at  a Star Destroyer lol (I am joking or am I? ) 

49 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Which seems fitting since it barely managed to break it as it was. 

:lol: that's one way to put it. you kinda make it sound unflattering. given the unexpectedly massive break-out, i think it deserved to hold the record for a longer time. it was a feat bigger than TA's and TFA's imo. i hope FK can beat AOU's ow.

Edited by a2knet

Right now TLJ is beating JUMANJI by 100%. Next FSS could be closer (though not close at all). Thinking 60 vs 40. -12.5% for TLJ and +20% for JUMANJI. The following couple of weekends (or more) too TLJ should beat JUMANJI. I wonder if JUMANJI will be one of those big films that never hit number 1. Could even do 250 dom without hitting the top stop. SING was one such film thanks to RO.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Considering directors and people have been getting fired left and right for SW, to suggest this a done deal or that these will be as remotely as popular as these films is absurd. 

Feel like firing him off at hyperspace at  a Star Destroyer lol (I am joking or am I? ) 

Rian will not be fired, everyone in Disney / LucasFilm loved work with him and loved what he made in TLJ, that's why they gave him a entire trilogy.

Also some people is getting fired from the franchise because they not match with Disney / LucasFilm vision for those movies, Rian do exactly what they wanted [officially pass the touch for the new generation, expand the horizon of what they can do in the future, eliminate the 1st generation], so it's hard to believe they will blame Rian for the controversial reception, i mean, it's not like he direct the movie without any guidance or rules. Also they probably knew some people will not like the changes they're made and the directions they're decided to follow.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

I’m watching The Florida Project now. I don’t know what to think so far but it’s entertaining! I mean it’s interesting. Anyone else seen it? 

Yes. Very good. 

Just now, DeeReyEgonnnnn said:

Yes. Very good. 

I enjoyed it. It was definitely one of the most ghetto ladies I’ve ever seen haha but the kids were hilarious! As with many indie films I’m not sure about the conclusion (without spoilers, don’t know when this came out). I was entertained that’s for sure. It’s hard to believe people live like that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Rian will not be fired, everyone in Disney / LucasFilm loved work with him and loved what he made in TLJ, that's why they gave him a entire trilogy.

Also some people is getting fired from the franchise because they not match with Disney / LucasFilm vision for those movies, Rian do exactly what they wanted [officially pass the touch for the new generation, expand the horizon of what they can do in the future, eliminate the 1st generation], so it's hard to believe they will blame Rian for the controversial reception, i mean, it's not like he direct the movie without any guidance or rules. Also they probably knew some people will not like the changes they're made and the directions they're decided to follow.

Those are the reasons I loved TLJ. What a bold and subversive film. Too bad it probably won't have the legs to beat Avatar. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Where oh where will TLJ end up. :)

1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $936,662,225 2015
2 Avatar Fox $760,507,625 2009^
3 Titanic Par. $659,363,944 1997^
4 Jurassic World Uni. $652,270,625 2015
5 Marvel's The Avengers BV $623,357,910 2012

Above Avengers and below TFA 😂

But seriously, still too early to see its legs I think since December movies can have some crazy ones. Extremely rare for a December movie to fall below 3x, which should put if over Titanic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rockNrollaDIM said:

Yes and I hated it. lol

It’s very indie, as in nothing really happens. I like about 1 in 100 movies like that (Lost in Translation is another). I just found the shockingly ghetto nature of the movie rather hilarious and since I was entertained at least I enjoyed it. But I didn’t think it was brilliant. I could live 1,000 years and never understand how it’s even possible that people could compare a well done big budget blockbuster where every shot is gorgeous to something like that. There’s room in the market for both types of movies, to be sure, but if you make a top 10 list and put low rent movies ahead of Guardians 2, Star Wars, and Wonder Woman... yeah I won’t ever “get it.” I get The Post or Hostiles or another fully professionally made film in there but I’m not much of a slice of life indie kind of guy...

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 1