grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

5 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Yeah, I can understand your position, @Valonqar, you have been consistent in your treatment of the movie, for what I have observed, and I respect that, even agree with some of your critiques (is this the right word? Not a native English speaker), even thought I certainly enjoyed the movie more than you, because the highs were really high for me. I just feel that certain people would have said different things about the quality of the movie if the number was 35 instead of 27, even thought that has no bearing on the quality at all.

Your English is great and I understand your point. I liked the movie but problems cannot be dismissed and since critics decided to do just that (act like problems were negligible) some of us won't leave it alone. :D In fact, perhaps when one likes the movie but feels it could have been better, they tend to be harsher because of "what could have been". Anyway, I think that 35M would have cut the mixed WOM with GA talk short but criticism of the problem would remain. 

You know I was pretty against anti-derailment policies and people complaining about too much discussion in any way but for the love of god I take it all back PLEASE update the Just the Numbers thread. This Last Jedi shit is running in endless circles and making it impossible to talk about anything else. How many times can people say "WOM on TLJ isn't very good, critics don't understand what fans want etc." There's a new live action movie breaking out to maybe 300m! There's big releases flopping and major Oscar expansions! 

• Like 7

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

You know I was pretty against anti-derailment policies and people complaining about too much discussion in any way but for the love of god I take it all back PLEASE update the Just the Numbers thread. This Last Jedi shit is running in endless circles and making it impossible to talk about anything else. How many times can people say "WOM on TLJ isn't very good, critics don't understand what fans want etc." There's a new live action movie breaking out to maybe 300m! There's big releases flopping and major Oscar expansions! 

Seriously. It's hard to even discuss The Last Jedi's numbers because it's been amounting to nothing more than petty arguing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnick said:

$32M with a grain of salt.....MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/12/26/box-office-last-jedi-wonder-woman-beauty-and-the-beast-now-2017s-biggest-hits/#1319965e29f6

As of this writing, I don't know for sure how much Star Wars: The Force Awakens earned on Christmas Day, although projections point toward a solid $32

$49,325,663

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think its because some people were spending so much time lecturing us last week when we were questioning the TLJ numbers and word of mouth. Now I think some are dishing it back a bit and I honestly don't blame them. Shows that nobody really knows box office any more than the other here and that the lecturing needs to stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Thank you.

• Like 1

Just now, JB33 said:

I think its because some people were spending so much time lecturing us last week when we were questioning the TLJ numbers and word of mouth. Now I think some are dishing it back a bit and I honestly don't blame them. Shows that nobody really knows box office any more than the other here and that the lecturing needs to stop.

Yea man whatever Last Jedi rocked and I think it's sad people can't see that for whatever reason now can we please talk about Jumanji it's doing super good guys

• Like 4

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Yea man whatever Last Jedi rocked and I think it's sad people can't see that for whatever reason now can we please talk about Jumanji it's doing super good guys

Jumanji is doing gangbusters. Fucking amazing.

Sad about 2.5M for All the Money though.

Go nuts.

Probably not gonna happen. Now if Jumanji starts beating TLJ dailies at some point, we will see people discussing Jumanji a lot. :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1