Porthos

Tuesday Numbers (Dec 26): TLJ 27.7, Jumanji: 17.1, PP3 7.4, TGS 5.1 (actuals/estimates)

1 minute ago, estebanJ said:

It cracks me up when "math" is invoked around here, as if there's some kind of abstract necessity that because a film earned X dollars this past week it must earn Y dollars this week.

Fact is, no matter how many times various patterns have held in the past, there's no logical or mathematical necessity that even one person sees a given this week even if it grossed $220m last week. 

To be fair, based on current performance, it's sure to pass 600, the math changes as the performance changes, I am not sure anyone is working in absolutes with this.

6 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

I do find it odd that the only number that was pointed at was the 630, /when I said most predictions had it at 630-720. meaning 630 as a worse case scenario, anything past 730 would be overperforming in my views.

It's extremely rare for a December movie to have below a 3.0x multiple. 660 is what the worst case scenario should be. Less isn't horrible, just disappointing and a aberration. 

• Like 1

Just now, lancelot123 said:

It's extremely rare for a December movie to have below a 3.0x multiple. 660 is what the worst case scenario should be. Less isn't horrible, just disappointing and a aberration. 

660 would not be a disappointment, that's just being silly.

• Like 1

Just now, NoLegMan said:

660 would not be a disappointment, that's just being silly.

The number itself isn't disappointing, but this is Star Wars we're talking about.

A movie that opened with 220 million and that will have holidays and the beginning of the next year, should not get anything under a 3x multiplier imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

The number itself isn't disappointing, but this is Star Wars we're talking about.

A movie that opened with 220 million and that will have holidays and the beginning of the next year, should not get anything under a 3x multiplier imo. 

Let's see how it's multiplier plays out this week.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

What will @IronJimbo do, when TLJ ends at $659,363,945 ?

Nothing! USA & Canada is only fun because you guys care about it. I'm more interested about the world wide total which includes domestic if you didn't know.

The number I'm interested in is $1.39b world wide, which is HALF of Avatar.

• Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Nothing! USA & Canada is only fun because you guys care about it. I'm more interested about the world wide total which includes domestic if you didn't know.

The number I'm interested in is $1.39b world wide, which is HALF of Avatar.

BTW, I think I found your twitter account:

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

I usually don't take folks that don't write screenplays complaints about a script seriously.

You don't need to be a professional football(soccer) player to know when someones tripped over the ball

• Like 2