Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY VI: Return of the Jedi - Ballots (pick one for each category, only rank Best Picture) Due 3/2 at 11:59PM EST

On 01.01.2018 at 4:52 AM, The Shape of Pasta said:

I don't think people saw enough foreign films this year to really make enough of an impact. 

Screw this btw. The right people did see enough. (We know who we are.) You could've actually gotten some good, smartly chosen nominees in this one!

• Like 3

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Screw this btw. The right people did see enough. (We know who we are.) You could've actually gotten some good, smartly chosen nominees in this one!

agreed (even tho I haven't seen anything.) I also still strongly disagree with us removing Vocal/Mocap Performance & Horror Film since this year had a lot of exemplary options for both categories even if there might be "clear" frontrunners for the award.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tree Billboards said:

kind of sad that I could only find one female performance that I liked enough to nominate. I'm no feminist but that kind of sucks. I only saw like three movies with a lead female.

I was having that problem early on before Oscar season came. Scarlett Johansson from Ghost in the Shell was on my Best Actress list for a concerningly long amount of time!

2 minutes ago, Poe Blankeron said:

agreed (even tho I haven't seen anything.) I also still strongly disagree with us removing Vocal/Mocap Performance & Horror Film since this year had a lot of exemplary options for both categories even if there might be "clear" frontrunners for the award.

Horror for sure. How do you just presume that IT will be the obvious winner when there's Get Out, for starters?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poe Blankeron said:

definitely annoyed me that vocal/mocap category was removed. cogman could've got three nominations. :( 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tree Billboards said:

eh, doesn't make much sense to just have one genre separately. if you're gonna have best horror, should probably have best sci fi, best comedy, etc

we did have Best Comedy every year before this too though!

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Horror for sure. How do you just presume that IT will be the obvious winner when there's Get Out, for starters?

Killing of a Sacred Deer could've also probably qualified for horror and that was one of my favorites of the year.  then there's A Cure for Wellness, It Comes at Night, Gerald's Game, Split, Raw, mother!, Creep 2, Alien Covenant, Happy Death Day, The Babysitter, etc.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Plus, the rush to get other favorites a nomination would've been epic this year; It Comes At Night, Split, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, A Cure for Wellness, Raw, Annabelle: Creation, Happy Death Day, mother!, and Tragedy Girls would've all had their own fans. It would've been a highly entertaining bloodbath just to get favorites to their nominations, which, in my opinion, is where it truly counts.

Edited by slambros
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I really hope the Farrier coalition of the 4 people I know so far is enough to get him in. I am willing to bribe.

41 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The Farrier Four will not be silenced.

Folks for Fortis One.

Farrier's Fiduciaries.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

I'd like to see Best Documentary return. I know a lot of people don't see many of them (myself included), but maybe have it as a 3-entry category?

There's quite a bit of documentaries I saw this year surprisingly.  Kedi, Spielberg, An Inconvenient Sequel, Jim and Andy, and Born in China would all be pretty good candidates for the category

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

I'd like to see Best Documentary return. I know a lot of people don't see many of them (myself included), but maybe have it as a 3-entry category?

A 3 entry category would probably be a good idea for all the eliminated categories (Foreign, Comedy, Horror, Voice etc)

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3