Ezen Baklattan

BOT Golden Globes - Ceremony Discussion Thread!

Just now, New Year New Panda said:

I do think Get Out will likely win Screenplay if it ends up winning.  Lady Bird will for sure have Metcalf.

Get Out could also snag Editing if it really takes off as the frontrunner.

I'm really not as sure about Metcalf as others. As I said in an earlier post in this thread: Janney is showy as hell in I, Tonya, and that could carry her to the Oscar if she ends up picking up the SAG.

I'll admit that a one-win Picture winner is decidedly unlikely, but in such a foggy year...

Just now, Webslinger said:

I'm really not as sure about Metcalf as others. As I said in an earlier post in this thread: Janney is showy as hell in I, Tonya, and that could carry her to the Oscar if she ends up picking up the SAG.

I'll admit that a one-win Picture winner is decidedly unlikely, but in such a foggy year...

Get Out isn’t even a solid bet for an editing nomination.  I don’t think it wins over Dunkirk or Baby Driver.

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

I guess you could say Janney is going to...

...SNAG THE SAG.

:insane:

6 minutes ago, slambros said:

So I exited my college dorm for a restroom break from the Globes, and I ran into a group of guys who were headed to Waffle House. I casually mentioned that I was watching the Golden Globes.

Other Student: "Did All the Money in the World win anything yet?"

Me: "No."

Other Student: "Good. That movie sucked."

I thought you were old like 50  years old

• Like 1

Got a terrible feeling Three Billboards wins Best picture at the Oscars. Get Out and Lady Bird would def win screenplay and at least one other if not more (Peele and editing, Ronan and Metclaf) if they were to win. 

Edited by Cmasterclay

3 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

Get Out isn’t even a solid bet for an editing nomination.  I don’t think it wins over Dunkirk or Baby Driver.

I think Dunkirk's winning editing. As much as its editing was strong, I'm not even sure Get Out has a chance at winning that category. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1