Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

3 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Maybe this is the 'big movie shaping up to be a disaster' the Twitter guys were talking about? I assumed it was MIB.

Nah, Tom Cruise is way too prepared on each movie to let that happen.

10 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Maybe this is the 'big movie shaping up to be a disaster' the Twitter guys were talking about? I assumed it was MIB.

I think you're right. BMD says it so.    https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/08/29/the-top-gun-sequel-just-got-delayed-by-a-year

Word on the street suggests that Top Gun: Maverick (the long-gestating, Joseph Kosinski-directed Top Gun sequel that's currently filming in California) has not been the smoothest shoot in the world. One hears this sort of thing somewhat frequently - often enough, in fact, that when that rumor started making the rounds, we didn't think too much of it. Clashing egos, complicated special effects, studio micromanagement: there's all kinds of reasons a production might be having a rough go of things, and most of the time everything turns out A-OK.

Edited by Alli

22 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Nah, Tom Cruise is way too prepared on each movie to let that happen.

He often bring new writer in and change lot of stuff during the shooting.

There was even a production break taken during one of the MI to find an ending if I remember correctly.

Edge of Tomorrow production was also chaotic and went overbudget.

He seem to be extremely hard working during the shoot and working on script all the time during the shoot.

Does not sound like a Spielberg military like preparation and execution.

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

Make sense, I doubt they would have heard about a movie shaping to be a disaster if the information of a production issue didn't had to get known by a lot of people (organizing the push and release date change, etc...)

They maybe didn't heard why and just speculating/assuming it is because it is shaping up to be a disaster.

Edited by Barnack

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i thought everyone thought that movie was Aladdin. seems like the easiest call in the world.

Pretty sure it talked about a movie that's currently filming. Aladdin has been in post for a while.

Movie's are usually shot pretty far out these days (Ocean's 8 being a recent example) but that this delay happened as it's been filming doesn't seem like a promising sign.

Edited by filmlover