MaxAggressor

Weekend Thread | Estimates (per DHD) ~ MR:TDC 23M, J 15.8M, H 9.8M, TGS 9.3M, TP 8.7M, 12S/DoT 7.9M, TSOW 5.7M, P2 5.5M, TLJ 4M, TBOEM 3.6M

9 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Thanos won't matter much to general audiences. What will matter, on the other hand, is the fact that virtually every single living character from the MCU will be in Infinity War

Doesn't Avengers 3 have the most trailer views in history by a wide margin?

Wow. That Saturday number for Jumanji 2 means there's a strong possibility for 16 million this weekend if it follows the pattern set during the previous weekends. 7.6 million on Saturday is J2's biggest Fri-Sat increase in the 4 weekends of 2018

Weekend 3 - 47.2%

Weekend 4 - 96.3%

Weekend 5 - 95.2%

Weekend 6 - 101.3%

Plus J2 will also get it's biggest Saturday bump on NATM in 2018

Sat. of Weekend 3 - +50.9%

Sat. of Weekend 4 - +60.7%

Sat. of Weekend 5 - +55.4%

Sat. of Weekend 6 - +66.1%

The respective Sun. bumps for J2 w.r.t NATM in 2018

Sun. of Weekend 3 - +73.3%

Sun. of Weekend 4 -  +81.1%

Sun. of Weekend 5 - +83.6%

A 73.3% bump over NATM's 2.73 million 6th Sunuday gives J2 a 4.7 million Sunday. That would also mean a Sat-Sun drop of 38.11%. NATM dropped 40.7% on the same day. So giving J2 a similar drop would mean a 4.5 million Sunday figure. The first scenario gets J2 over 16 million for the weekend while the 2nd scenario means a 15.9 million weekend for the movie. I did not even consider the possibility that J2 may actually hold better on Sun. and show similar better bumps w.r.t NATM like it did on Friday and Saturday.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

nope

The singing pig's going down.  IW trailer on the Marvel channel is now about 7m behind and it did that much over the last couple of weeks

43 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Doesn't Avengers 3 have the most trailer views in history by a wide margin?

Cumulatively across all YT channels I don't know but it just sprinted past TFA's main channel YT views with 125m v 100m.   It has more likes - 2.5m+ than any trailer by about 300%

Cumulatively on YT on channels over 1m views it has 180m in 2 months.  127% more than Thor: R's first trailer, 80% more than CW's first trailer and 48% more than CW's 2 trailer - over about the same time period.

• Thanks 3

I know I'm late to the black panther OW talk but.....

I wonder if having a different demographic appeal changes the tracking and presales comparison with other marvel movies, and if so which direction does it change it in.

On 1/27/2018 at 5:55 AM, Krissykins said:

It’ll be interesting to see if Black Panther “breaks out” for Marvel with a higher African American audience than usual, or if it opens to the standard $100m. 

That's where I am, I still think the 3-day will be around 100m, probably 100-110.  Which is extremely impressive, all the talk about 150/400 won't change my mind about that.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Kind of a cheat.

Music videos get a billion views on YouTube, so that probably got a music bump.

Either way, Avengers 3 got way more views than virtually any other trailer in history.

nope, Infinity War under Sing lock it down

11 hours ago, baumer said:

Or they are movies that real women like because, you know, women like sex just like men do.

Real women deserve better movies about sex and supposed romance instead of half baked S&M with one's stalker.

3 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

There's more genuine filmmaking in the first Fifty Shades than half of the movies ya'll harp on about.

If one doesn't require a good script and characters as part of film making.  But hey it worked for Nolan in Dunkirk:ph34r: