Eric Duncan

What Men Want | February 8 2019 | Paramount | Taraji P Henson. Adam Shankman to direct. Gender flipped version of What Women Want

http://deadline.com/2017/11/what-women-want-taraji-p-henson-mel-gibson-paramount-players-what-men-want-1202208131/

Paramount Players has signed Empire‘s Taraji P. Henson to star in What Men Want, a comedy inspired by the 2000 Nancy Meyers hit romantic comedy What Women Want. The studio is fast tracking the film, and has set it for release January 11, 2019.

The original starred Mel Gibson as a confident chauvinistic male who suddenly acquires the ability to hear what the women around him are really thinking. The new version follows a female sports agent (Henson) who has been constantly boxed out by her male colleagues. When she gains the power to hear men’s thoughts, she is able to shift the paradigm to her advantage as she races to sign the NBA’s next superstar.

Paging @CJohn @filmlover and @WrathOfHan (you're a Taraji stan, right?)

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frozen said:

I have never seen a movie purposely scheduled for January before. This hasn't even been filmed. Why is it being dumped?

Because it is a remake of What Women Want about a woman who needs to be more understanding of her male compatriots

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

what women want adjusts to about $300 million. a great fact that makes me stop in my tracks and blankly stare at a wall for 15 minutes whenever it crosses my mind.

yeah, i wouldn't underestimate this movie. but it's Paramount so...

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

what women want adjusts to about $300 million. a great fact that makes me stop in my tracks and blankly stare at a wall for 15 minutes whenever it crosses my mind.

Helen Hunt with two mega-hits opening a week apart

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think my reaction to pretty much every helen hunt performance has been "ehhh, i wish this was laura dern".

She was not bad in Twister.

People crap on that film but its way better than current disaster movies really. 

Edited by Lordmandeep