That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Haha loving the hyperbole that this means IW is locked to beat TFA. Black Panther is new, unique and represents a severely undeserved demo. IW is none of those things and won't have the same public narrative. 

I was predicting 220-230m for IW way before Black Panther had even the slightest buzz. Now you add in a new influx of audience keen for more Black Panther to that prediction. Its in really good shape. Been shattering social tracking records. How is not well poised to break the OW record now this has happened?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

I was predicting 220-230m for IW way before Black Panther had even the slightest buzz. Now you add in a new influx of audience keen for more Black Panther to that prediction. Its in really good shape. Been shattering social tracking records. How is not well poised to break the OW record now this has happened?

Some here are clinging to the stubborn notion that CW was TA3, and therefore the ceiling has been set, when CW was never the same as a TA film in terms of floors and ceilings. Been arguing that for two years now, and IW is going to prove it soon. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Haha loving the hyperbole that this means IW is locked to beat TFA. Black Panther is new, unique and represents a severely undeserved demo. IW is none of those things and won't have the same public narrative. 

One thing to consider.

The Marvel fanbase expanded big time between Dr Strange and Black Panther.

Fantasy, Sci Fi, comedy, young adult teen, and afrofuturism...These genres offered something for everyone and people haven't been this excited about an Avengers movie since, well, The Avengers.

I don't think we see a repeat of JL with IW.

Marvel Studios is at the top of their game. Their formula perfected on an atomic level.

IW actually feels like new ground at this point.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The Black Cat over the Purple Alien seems now quite possible dom.

:ohmygod:

The Feige owns Hollywood, we just live in it.

At this point, I am convinced Iger bought Fox because Feige told him to do so.

Lmao. Would not shock me in the least. :hahaha:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Fandango is going to implode the day IW goes on sale. RIP all their servers. 

I was skeptical about IW opening and performance, but after this weekend, I am convinced this is TA and 2012 again. Marvel is doing it again.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So BP might take the 2018 DOM crown. :hahaha:

Nostradamus couldn't see that one coming.

:hahaha:

Every year has its surprising success stories. BP appears to be the first for 2018, though I think that many people knew it would do very well. Just not this well.

I've been a fan since I read T'Challa's very first appearance way back in 1966. His current surge of popularity was a long time coming and is all the more precious for that. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

The last shot of the IW trailer happens in Wakanda, folks.

The Feige, always 3 steps ahead of us all.

:shades:

And Panther is pretty much the only one besides Thanos that gets to say anything in the trailer, also providing the most buzzed about bit on social media " get this man a shield." Bow down to Feige. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Tomato audience score is 77% so it looks like it was downvoted by assholes. However just like we are seeing on IMDB as true votes come in the score will rise.

Yeah they're doing the same to Metacritic which is expected sad but expected