That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Only to fire them halfway through filming.

I remember when Kennedy was like "I saw Ragnarok and would love to work with Waititi!" and I just thought "Waititi shoots the exact same way that Lord/Miller does; why would you want to hire him??"

17 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

55c.png

i like them both too much for that.

Honestly, same. It's weird to say but I think they'd both have more creative control at Marvel. I also don't think Coogler wants a Star Wars movie that much.

12 minutes ago, kitik said:

There's only so many Star Wars movies they can have in development at one point in time. This isn't like DC where they throw 50 different movie projects out there and we only end up getting 2 or 3 of them.

I don't think Lucasfilm will ever want to move to a 3-Star-Wars-movies-per-year schedule.

Yeah, and I doubt Waititi or Coogler would want to direct something they didn't write.

(Before someone mentions Waititi didn't write Ragnarok, he was allowed to improv on set a ton, something Lucasfilm has proven themselves to be against)

Just now, That One Guy said:

That’s what Black Panther does: breaks all the motherfucking records

Well, that's one record I will have to be surprised by, because we've had multiple movies approach that and none could break through.

Maybe this is it though!

• Like 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

By 2021 or 2022, it'll been 6-7 years since the 2015 FF movie. I do agree they'll be introduced in an earlier Marvel film then their own solo film. 

Like I said, they're gonna be waiting a while. I don't think will see a Fantastic Four film for the foreseeable future, not until at least 2022 anyway. They'll probably get introduced in an Avengers film first.  

• Like 1

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

Like I said, they're gonna be waiting a while. I don't think will see a Fantastic Four film for the foreseeable future, not until at least 2022 anyway. They'll probably get introduced in an Avengers film first.  

lets go

2020: Guardians 3, Black Widow, Strange 2

2021: Original film, Panther 2, Spider-Man 3, Valkyrie spin-off

2022: Ant-Man 3, Captain Marvel 2, two original films

2023: Avengers whatever

Parking lot report lol: good crowd of cars, especially for a 130 on a February Friday in this area. 

The lady said its been selling very well today. Peeked inside, its not super busy but most everyone is a senior citizen and black. Feels almost like a southern church service.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

We're once again at the point in the discussion where someone has to mention that Marvel has too many successful properties. They just don't have room for all the sequels and movies people want.

That's why I expect the X-Men to mostly stay separate in a Disney Fox division if that purchase goes through. (Though we'll get a few crossovers easily enough. It won't be hard to science/magic away any explanations.)

Just now, kitik said:

We're once again at the point in the discussion where someone has to mention that Marvel has too many successful properties. They just don't have room for all the sequels and movies people want.

That's why I expect the X-Men to mostly stay separate in a Disney Fox division if that purchase goes through. (Though we'll get a few crossovers easily enough. It won't be hard to science/magic away any explanations.)

X-Men is the one that's the trickiest to incorporate because mutants currently don't exist in the MCU and they work better on their own. They wouldn't have an issue with the Fantastic Four.

8 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I wonder if you can do a Fantastic Four movie without the origin story. 

• Like 1