That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

It's still something that irks me. That's like the most low-key racist thing Disney's ever done.

Not as bad as the Nickelodeon show about the family that died in Hurricane Katrina being turned into ghosts and being forced to live with the white family that buy their house on the cheap.

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Not as bad as the Nickelodeon show about the family that died in Hurricane Katrina being turned into ghosts and being forced to live with the white family that buy their house on the cheap.

I always wondered how they died. Yikes. I assume mom is still alive or did her ghost die too?

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

This is like Wonder Woman on acid, crack & coke.

Also, Disney will rule this year and other studios should just not show up next year if they don't want to suffer embarrassment when Mickey releases :

Avengers 4

Aladdin

Lion King

Toy Story 4

Forzen 2

Star Wars 9

Oops, Forgot Captain cheese & little flying elephant.

Yes. Next year is Disney taking a victory lap for such a successful decade of box office dominance.

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Well it’s good to know cocaine is still readily available for the creators of kids shows

1 minute ago, AJG said:

I actually remember watching that show when it premiered. The little black kid later on went to that Dan Schneider show about the kids that created their own video game company.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I just bought Black Panther tix in 4DX. It's my first time. Has anyone been and is it worth the $55? (I prob should have asked before buying) 

55?! 

I'm really happy to live in a country with one of the lowest ticket prices for movies.

It's worth when there's plenty of action. Jurassic World and Phantom Menace were awesome, on the other way BR 2049...

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

I always wondered how they died. Yikes. I assume mom is still alive or did her ghost die too?

I don't think they ever implied how they died. But given that this was in New Orleans and the clothes the ghost wore were pretty modern, Katrina sounds about right.

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

Umm are you not aware of the Jamie Lee Curtis/Lindsay Lohan (back before Lohan went crazy) movie? It was a pretty big hit.

I was saying the Disney Channel version of Freaky Friday coming up isn't just a remake of the Lohan version (which itself is a remake of the Jodie Foster movie) but is based on a pre-existing musical version (which is probably also based on the movie).

47 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's that shit Jake Paul was on.

I thought I recognized that kid! 

ETA, The Haunted Hathaways, yikes!

Insane numbers for Black Panther, but I’m not surprised, even the people at work who brag about seeing movies through...means, were getting reserved tickets.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

This is like Wonder Woman on acid, crack & coke.

Also, Disney will rule this year and other studios should just not show up next year if they don't want to suffer embarrassment when Mickey releases :

Avengers 4

Aladdin

Lion King

Toy Story 4

Frozen 2

Star Wars 9

Oops, Forgot Captain cheese & little flying elephant.

I'll probably skip half of those movies.