That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think we're going to need something or someone to come and show everyone how to make big money without using "super" heroes.

If you're talking about a certain set of sequels Disney's about to own them too :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

01. The Force Awakens - 248

02. The Last Jedi - 220

03. Jurassic World - 208

04. The Avengers - 207

05. Age Of Ultron - 191

06. Black Panther - 185+

07. Civil War - 179

08. Beauty And The Beast - 174

09. Iron Man 3 - 174

10. Deathly Hallows Part 2 - 169

8 of these films have a common thread. Can you guess what that common thread is? :ohmygod:  #AllHailOurOverlords

Spoiler

When May comes, that list is gonna have 9 films w/that same common thread, LMAO

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I think this is the absolute peak of the genre.  Don't think any future superhero films will outgross Black Panther

Solo superhero films?

With the goodwill that the first one generated and a prime holiday date, I would not discount WW2 domestically yet (provided it gets anywhere close to the first one's critical buzz).

Also...there is a Shazam film coming up that could apeal to family audiences in unsuspected ways...

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

02. The Last Jedi - 220

03. Jurassic World - 208

04. The Avengers - 207

05. Age Of Ultron - 191

06. Black Panther - 185+

07. Civil War - 179

09. Iron Man 3 - 174

8 of these films have a common thread. Can you guess what that common thread is? :ohmygod:  #AllHailOurOverlords

Hide contents

When May comes, that list is gonna have 9 films w/that same common thread, LMAO

IW should be number 3 or number 5 on that list pumping out DH2

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Numbers could very well be much higher Sunday. It's basically impossible to watch this movie in the Northern VA/DC movie if you don't have tickets already...even Real D!

This is crazy. I imagined this would happen in that area. I saw a shows in DC at 2:30am, lol. DC area, NYC/NJ,tt and Atlanta have sold out shows for the whole day into the night. Also, NC Raleigh area. Insane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

02. The Last Jedi - 220

03. Jurassic World - 208

04. The Avengers - 207

05. Age Of Ultron - 191

06. Black Panther - 185+

07. Civil War - 179

09. Iron Man 3 - 174

Reveal hidden contents

With IW 9/10 its Disney

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

This is crazy. I imagined this would happen in that area. I saw a shows in DC at 2:30am, lol. DC area, NYC/NJ,tt and Atlanta have sold out shows for the whole day into the night. Also, NC Raleigh area. Insane.

Yeah when midnight RealD is anything but empty then something pretty big is going on...

Historical weekend... $360M+ at the box office in China, biggest of all-time and perhaps the first time the record isn't held by the US since World War 2 (or ever).

RIP Hollywood, what is left will soon be bought by Disney for their streaming service.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I've been saying for two weeks now that Jumanji would increase this weekend. Did anyone listen?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

But it didn't increase

4..)   Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (SONY), 2,800 theaters (-336) / $1.87M Fri /3-day: $8.1M (-19%)/4-day: $10.6M /Total:$380.3M/ Wk 9

"-19%"

• Like 1