WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

Just now, grey ghost said:

A Black Panther movie will beat TDK.

And become the 2nd biggest superhero movie in NA history.

That not just a break out.

There's only one phrase for it.

CULTURAL FUCKING PHENOMENON

2nd place.. cultural fucking phenomenom

hmmm

what's second place feel like it.. been sitting number 1 for 20 years

39 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Scene right now in Kevin Feige's office:

As you all know, the prize for the highest second weekend ever is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody wanna see the prize for the second highest second weekend? Second prize's a set of steak knives. Prize for third highest second weekend ever is you're fired! 

And you know what you'll be saying. Buncha losers, sitting around in a bar. "Oh yeah, I used to be a Marvel director; it's a tough racket." [Takes out a bunch of comic books] These are the new characters. These are the Avengers characters. And to you, they're gold. And you, don't get them - why? 'Cause to give them to you is just throwing them away.  

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Unadjusted total B)

4th-5th biggest adjusted.

2nd biggest unadjusted.

Basically you guys are saying, "either BP is the biggest SH movie of all time adjusted or it's no big deal".

:hahaha:

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

CULTURAL FUCKING PHENOMENON

It's cultural phenomen not because big BO numbers (Transformers 3 has bigger WW numbers than TDK, so what?). It's because BP can (theoretically) change the GAME'S RULES, like "The Dark Knight" 10 years ago.

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Never really got the phenomenon talk, I mean Marvels already done this twice already with TA and AoU... where was the talk of phenomenons when AoU making bank.

You again. I thought me and you already went over this. Anyway, yes, this is a phenomenon. Maybe you can tell me, but I can't recall the last time a movie did this:

6 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Can we make it at least one weekend without turning things into a franchise pissing contest?

Oh, Tele, Tele, Tele. So experienced, and yet still so innocently hopeful.    

No, we cannot. To not have a pissing contest would be an impossible violation of human nature.

Edited by Sliver Legion
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Can we make it at least one weekend without turning things into a franchise pissing contest?

Just wanna talk about how much Hop's run in 2011 money absolutely fucking dominates Peter Rabbit's run. Just totally pisses all over it. Hop was an ORIGINAL STORY people and a CULTURAL FUCKING PHENOMENON. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1