WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

19 minutes ago, RRA said:

Unlike PETER RABBIT, at least EARLY MAN was decent even if sitting in the theater I was flummoxed that this was a friggin sports movie that the American marketing didn't bring up.

(Coming out of PETER RABBIT, hearing a kid say he preferred it to PADDINGTON 2 saddened me. Thanks Trump.)

what does a kids taste have to do with trump?

46 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Way too early for this kind of call. TLJ was about $60m ahead of Avengers after 4 weekends due to holiday boost and wasn't able to blow past Avengers total in the end. Panther is about 78% higher than Deadpool's Friday. If that continues, it will come up well short of Jurassic World and Titanic. Potentially less than Avengers. Needs to earn more than double the amount Deadpool earned the rest of the way to reach $660m. 

as long as it hits 600 mill and doesn't limp towards it, i think everyone will be fine. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i've been to an experimental film festival and Mute was for serious the first film i've ever watched and thought "hey why the fuck was this made?" at the end of it.

13 hours ago, NCsoft said:

I'll be watching Mute in a minute, so sad for Duncan Jones, but I'll watch a 9% RT movie, just for him.

13 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

That was a rough watch. I'll be seeing Annihilation three more times just to cleanse the palate.

Is it really so bad? I had such high hopes for it...

:whosad:

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't think I'd take a girl to the movies until the fourth or fifth date. That's gotta be lame as hell for earlier dates when you're trying to know each other.

You go to the movie first, then for a meal after and you automatically have something to talk about. Whatever happens in the movie can be a jumping off point for any sort of conversation, really. An early bird/matinee showing and a fast casual place if you don't want to break the bank.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

You go to the movie first, then for a meal after and you automatically have something to talk about. 

Right, which is why it's not good during the early dates when it's crucial to know more about the person you're talking to.

14 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

LEGSTLEMANIA: WINTER 2017/2018

Black Panther's legs:
Zeman-Lupita-Nyongo-00004.jpg

Peter Rabbit's legs:
The-New-York-Times-2015-photoshoot-daisy

The Greatest Showman's legs:
348c9f89707aac1f41c4393ca416d742--rebecc

Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle's legs:
therocklegs.jpg

Star Wars: The Last Jedi's legs:
s-l300.jpg

Hide contents

This is the real sequel we've all been waiting for.

• Thanks 1

@Blank Panther here's my trailer stalkers if you can read this (nothing new this week bc I haven't seen anything since SOW 12 days ago lol):

7:

Annihilation (Blade Runner, The Foreigner, Happy Death Day, All the Money in the World, Downsizing, Molly’s Game, The Commuter)

Red Sparrow (Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Blade Runner 2049, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, The Commuter, I, Tonya, The Post, The Shape of Water)

5:

Alpha (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Downsizing, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blade Runner, Geostorm, Thank You for Your Service, Thor: Ragnarok, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

4:

Death Wish (Detroit, It, American Assassin, The Commuter)

Isle of Dogs (The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Downsizing, Phantom Thread, The Shape of Water)

A Quiet Place (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Downsizing, Phantom Thread, The Shape of Water)

Ready Player One (It, Blade Runner 2049, Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

Sherlock Gnomes (Coco, Wonder, The Greatest Showman, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

Sicario 2: Soldado (All the Money in the World, Molly’s Game, The Commuter, Phantom Thread)

3:

Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool (All the Money in the World, Darkest Hour, The Shape of Water)

A Wrinkle in Time (Valerian, Murder on the Orient Express, Coco)

2:

7 Days in Entebbe (Darkest Hour, Phantom Thread)

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

Avengers: Infinity War (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Downsizing)

Game Night (Downsizing, I, Tonya)

Gringo (Molly’s Game, The Commuter)

Incredibles 2 (Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

Love, Simon (The Greatest Showman, The Post)

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (The Greatest Showman, The Post)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

Rampage (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, The Shape of Water)

Tomb Raider (Geostorm, Justice League)

Tully (The Post, Phantom Thread)

Untitled Deadpool Sequel (Justice League, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)

1:

Spoiler

Acrimony (The Commuter)

Blockers (Downsizing)

The Current War (Wind River)

Duck Duck Goose (Ninjago)

Every Day (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

The Miracle Season (Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman)

Ocean’s 8 (The Greatest Showman)

The Party (Lady Bird)

Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero (Wonder)

Smallfoot (Coco)

Super Troopers 2 (Kingsman)

CW, BP's first appearance came a few months after TFA (TFA was still in theaters when CW opened). Who would have thought that BP's solo and TFA's sequel would be anywhere close to each other. If BP does 104 weekend, it needs 2.17x the weekend more to get to 622 dom. DP added a bigger 2.23x the 2nd weekend (-57.4%;56.47m) to it's run. With a sub-50% drop in the 2nd weekend despite the massive previews and inflated Sunday, that 2.17x more the weekend should be very much on cards. DP's 2.23x would take it to 628 dom.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Right, which is why it's not good during the early dates when it's crucial to know more about the person you're talking to.

If you are two shy people it will be a good idea, you also learn about the person in what they do during that time. 

• Like 2

BLACK PANTHER (Marvel/Disney) is now in competition only with the loftiest movie hits.  According to preliminary numbers at Deadline, its 2nd Friday was $28.4M (down 63% from last week), behind just The Avengers‘ $29.2M in the Marvel universe (down 64% from its own opening day), as well as The Force Awakens ($49.3M, down 58%) and Jurassic World ($29.1M, down 65%) outside it.  It should have a $100M 2nd weekend, also behind only those 3 blockbusters, and within reach of Avengers ($103.1M) and Jurassic ($106.6M).  It seems to be headed for at least $575M in the US, and if it can stay on pace with Avengers and Jurassic, the total would be more like $625M+.  Barring an overseas collapse and failure in China when it opens there 2 weeks from now, it should be on its way to a $1B worldwide total, with plenty of potential upside beyond that.

source: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/early-friday-box-office-black-panther-stays-superpowered-game-night-ok-annihilation-perishes.html

Second Weekend Box Office Possibilities Within Reach:

Jurassic World 106.6

Avengers 103.1

Black Panther TBD

Second Friday All time Box Office Leaders:

The Force Awakens 49.3

The Avengers 29.2

Jurassic World 29.1

The Black Panther 28.9

Edited by Green245