MaxAggressor

Daily Numbers | Wednesday 28th Feb | Game Night 1.36m Annihilation 905k

Seems to be in very good position for $650m, just looking at the trajectory of Jurassic World, Avengers, and Last Jedi.

After 18 days

Last Jedi - $531m

Jurassic - $507m

Avengers - $463m

This was the last huge day (January 1st) for Last Jedi's holiday boost. Eventually Avengers caught it and they finished with a similar total. Jurassic World obviously ended up about $30m higher than either of them. Panther is tracking to be around $505-510m after 18 days, basically identical to Jurassic World.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Seems to be in very good position for $650m, just looking at the trajectory of Jurassic World, Avengers, and Last Jedi.

After 18 days

Last Jedi - $531m

Jurassic - $507m

Avengers - $463m

This was the last huge day (January 1st) for Last Jedi's holiday boost. Eventually Avengers caught it and they finished with a similar total. Jurassic World obviously ended up about $30m higher than either of them. Panther is tracking to be around $505-510m after 18 days, basically identical to Jurassic World.

JW enjoyed summer weekdays and late theater bumps (IMAX re-release & Labor Day expansion) tho. Plus it's competition in Sept. & Oct. wasn't very big while BP will have to compete with AI:W, Deadpool & Solo. 650 million is still doable but it'll be tough. Could be a close shave in the end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaxAggressor said:

JW enjoyed summer weekdays and late theater bumps (IMAX re-release & Labor Day expansion) tho. Plus it's competition in Sept. & Oct. wasn't very big while BP will have to compete with AI:W, Deadpool & Solo. 650 million is still doable but it'll be tough. Could be a close shave in the end.

JW was going against a $350m family movie Inside Out that released only 7 days after it. Never mind all the other summer releases after that such as Minions (another $335m grosser). If JW could have such good legs in the face of that competition, I don't think Panther will have too tough of a time getting to a similar final number.

• Like 2

Just now, MrPink said:

More like The Dark Knight Falls Day

tumblr_mdlwpde6bd1r4jopqo2_r1_500.gif

Friday thread gonna be great we're gonna bust out all the #plothole goodness. How did Bruce get back to Gotham?

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

13 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Friday thread gonna be great we're gonna bust out all the #plothole goodness. How did Bruce get back to Gotham?

just like how Superman was carried to his casket in BVS

ww.png

Spoiler

7473818b2d216269b4f354fa495cd94fc87b819d

• Astonished 1

21 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Gonna have to avoid that thread like Ben Simmons avoids the 3 point line. my heart cant handle those scars no more

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

JW was going against a $350m family movie Inside Out that released only 7 days after it. Never mind all the other summer releases after that such as Minions (another $335m grosser). If JW could have such good legs in the face of that competition, I don't think Panther will have too tough of a time getting to a similar final number.

Plus BP has spring break and stronger weekends.

• Like 2

It's hard to be disappointed with any Black Panther numbers at this point, given it has made about $429M domestic and $763M worldwide in just 13 days. And that gargantuan second weekend of $111.7M, a record breaker for comic book movies. It's all still pretty mind boggling.

I've learned not to underestimate Black Panther on the weekends anymore. Let's see how it does.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 10

Hmm, over-projected I did - it's a little obvious now that Panther is settling somewhat given the inflation from last week's holidays. A solid 60m+ weekend and it continues what seems like a fairly set path, barring an unusual collapse or series of good holds. Either way, we are talking about a film that is making elite of the elite type grosses during week 2 and will be comfortably in the top 6 unadjusted, just a phenomenal run.

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I wasn't talking about the immediate releases tho. I was talking about the legs after the 10th/11th week. JW got substantial boosts from theater expansions during that time and those expansions contributed heavily to JW's late legs. BP will square up against A:IW, DP2 and Solo in quick succession in and around the same juncture (after 11th week). If BP's weekends can stay well ahead of JW then the target of overcoming JW becomes easier. BP will need 9.8 million more than JW's 3rd weekend to make up the lost ground (due to weaker weekdays). So BP needs close to 64.4 million in the up-coming weekend. It's doable and BP will remain on track to beat JW in dbo. In any case BP vs JW is going to be a great battle. I'll have a great time comparing their domestic BO runs. It's gonna be a lot of fun.

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1