The Panda

BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time: 2018 Edition - DEADLINE IS TODAY! SEND A LIST!

1 hour ago, Juby said:

I would like to take part in this, but I think one hundred movies is too many. What if I send You my Top30 or Top50? Will You consider them? Or it must be 100 titles no matter what? 

An incomplete list is fine!

• Like 2

My final 20 Blurbs.... @Ethan Hunt...ask and you shall receive.

81. Argo:  A sensational retelling of the Americans being hidden by the Canadian ambassador.  The one line in the movie that completely blew me away, seeing as it is 100% accurate is when one of the Americans says to Affleck's character, "I was born in Toronto"  And Mendez (Affleck) replies, "you say Trono, Canadians don't pronounce the second T"  Blew me away.  And of course Argo fuck yourself.  

82. Molly's Game:  The best film of last year and one of the finest female performances I've ever seen.  She should have won the oscar imo.  Aaron Sorkin is one hell of a writer, but he does an outstanding job directing as well.  Cera is brilliant as well.

83:  Unbreakable:  Shyamalan's best film.  Slow, methodical and ultimately brilliant.

84:  Extreme Prejudice:  In 1987, this story about space age cowboys that use technology to take down drug dealers, has obviously dated.  But what hasn't is the story of loyalty and betrayal.  Nolte has never been better and the rest of the cast, including William Forsythe and Michael Ironside is about as entertaining as they come.

85. Braveheart:  Freeeeedom!!  

86. The Evil Dead:  A celebration of mcro budget film making.  This is the film that Stephen King called "The most ferociously original horror film of 1982."  Raimi has worked with 200 million dollar budgets later in his career.  This one had a budget of 50K.  But it's one of the most powerful horror films I've seen.

87. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade:  This might be the best third film in a trilogy ever made.  More in tune with the tone of Raiders than Temple and of course adding Sean Connery to the cast was a stroke of genius.

88. Heat:  Yes, the face to face diner scene with DeNiro and Pacino is awesome.  Yes, the shootout in the middle of the street is heart stopping.  Yes, this movie is fucking awesome.

89:  The Fault in Our Stars:  Shaileen Woodley floored me.  She delivers what I consider one of the top 5 performances by an actress of all time.  She's that good, imo.  I cried in the movie, bawled when I read the book and wanted to celebrate life when the film was over.  I'd also like to go to the Anne Frank house as it played a prominent role in the movie.  We've all been affected by cancer in one way or another.  This movie touches on it and then asks you to celebrate the life that was taken because of it.

90. Arlington Road:  Mark Pellington is one hell of a director and yet he only did two films.  Jeff Bridges has never been better and the movie tells you that your paranoia is real.

91. Malcolm X:  The film that should have won best picture in 92 and Denzel should have won best actor.  But deserve and the academy are never synonymous.  The film itself is a mesmerizing account of Malcolm X's life.

92. Rocky Balboa:  Six films and still going strong.  Rocky is still an inspiration 40 years later.  It also has the best monologue in film history, imo.

93. Seven:  A lot of the films on my list are inspirational films about over coming obstacles and succeeding in spite of those obstacles.  This one isn't like the others.  This is about the under belly of society and a killer who disposes of heinous people in heinous ways.  The brilliance of the film is that in some ways, you see why John Doe is doing what he is doing....and that ending.  WHAT'S IN THE BOX!!??

94. Ferris Bueller's Day Off:  Life Moves pretty fast.  You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

95. Transformers:  Another @Ethan Hunt approved entry.  The reason the first three Transformers work and the last two don't, is because of Shia.  

96. Office Space:  One of the funniest films I've ever seen.  If you have worked in an office, you'll hurt from laughing.  If you haven't, you;ll still laugh.  A lot.

97. Inception:  Nolan is brilliant and this film will have you going in circles.  

98. The Sure Thing:  Rob Reiner and John Cusack made two brilliant films together.  Both are on this list.  The Sure Thing is a sweet and tender teen age movie.  Kind of the opposite of what they were making in the 80's.

99. Hacksaw Ridge:  The best film from two years ago.  Gibson is a genius behind the camera and Vince Vaughn steals the show imo.

100. This is the End:  Perhaps the most audacious film I've ever seen.  It takes guts and a strong bond to get your friends to agree to be made fun of the whole movie.  And yet this is what Seth Rogen got from all his friends.  This is funny from start to finish.  

• Like 7

Top directors:

Spielberg : 5

Frances Ford Coppola: 3

The Cohen brothers: 3

John Carpenter: 3

Tim Burton: 3

9) Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
22) Schindler's List 
28) Fargo 
32) Saving Private Ryan 
37) The Godfather
40) Apocalypse Now
42) Raider of the Lost Ark  
56) The Thing (1982)
59) The Big Lebowski
62) Raising Arizona 
67) Big Trouble In Little China
69) They Live
71) The Godfather pt. 2 
75) Batman (89) 
80) Artificial Intelligence 
92) Pee Wee's Big Adventure 
94) Beetlejuice 

I'm probably going to add The Game so David Fincher will also have 3.

Just now, grey ghost said:

I think I have a couple repeats on my list.

Should I add:

The Game :sparta:
The Devil's Advocate :hahaha:
Sin City :apocalypse:
Stand By Me :winomg:
Vanilla Sky :ohmygod:
Bram Stroker's Dracula :whosad:

Vote with a like. :ph34r:

Before Sunrise

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2