Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I was talking "big" movies, no disrespect to Bridge of Spies.

Is Lincoln big enough or are you wanting $100M budget+:)...if you do, they haven't really put a lot of those not "on brand" out:)...

PS - The Help turned $25M to over $215M WW...that's a live action ROI to be proud of:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Is Lincoln big enough or are you wanting $100M budget+:)...if you do, they haven't really put a lot of those not "on brand" out:)...

Yeah, I am talking big family spectacles the brand is known for, they tried many times and failed since 2010 :

Prince of Persia

Sorcerer Apprentice

John Carter

Lone ranger

Tomorrow Land

Wrinkle in Time

It just shows how hard it is to exist and be successful outside of brands and franchises in big movies land.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Didn't expect that weekend estimate for AWiT. Figured it and BP would be neck and neck.

it looked that way for a while on Friday, but AWIT really dropped on Sat and Sunday. I suspect the WOM must have not been very good....

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Yeah, I am talking big family spectacles the brand is known for, they tried many times and failed since 2010 :

Prince of Persia

Sorcerer Apprentice

John Carter

Lone ranger

Tomorrow Land

Wrinkle in Time

It just shows how hard it is to exist and be successful outside of brands and franchises in big movies land.

WiT won't be a failure...it will likely be a push...still not what they were hoping for, but in a year where they have a film making exponential sums of money at the same time, a push they'll probably take...although it does put a little more pressure on the rest of the year to deliver...

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

it looked that way for a while on Friday, but AWIT really dropped on Sat and Sunday. I suspect the WOM must have not been very good....

It actually dropped Friday...Sat/Sun are looking very good based on what Friday actually was...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What was the last Disney film that was kinda original and not from their biggest brands that was a success, animation not included ?

The first Pirates in 2003 ?

The Greatest Showman when they buy FOX. :sparta:

42 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I don't mean to be a jerk but it's a nice change seeing something from Disney not doing well...

:sparta:

Disney actually generally has a couple of undeperfoming/out and out bomb films a year;but their hits are so big they can just shrug them off. They have deeper pockets then most studios.

31 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What was the last Disney film that was kinda original and not from their biggest brands that was a success, animation not included ?

The first Pirates in 2003 ?

For big success I think it is 15 year's ago yes. They are probably really happy with the people's that decided to buy studio/brand.

• Like 1