Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Problem being 3D/IMAX/PLF throws a monkey wrench into everything from the last decade. 

And now Tuesday rebate days are getting bigger (and we always had the percentage of elderly/kids crowd that has rebate that was not too easy to take into account), I wonder if the gap for city ticket price vs some rural place even outside 3D/PLF didn't get bigger also.

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Problem being 3D/IMAX/PLF throws a monkey wrench into everything from the last decade. 

Nothing is perfect.  There's no way to figure anything out down to the last ticket.  It's just an approximation.

Wondering how much longer till top-10 dom are all 600+. BP will be the 7th one.

3 more 600 films needed : AIW has a shot but I think 525-550. SW9 and TLK could give us 2 more 600+. Which else? A2 probably.

Edited by a2knet

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

3 more 600 films needed : AIW has a shot but I think 525-550. SW9 and TLK could give us 2 more 600+. Which else? A2 probably.

I think both TA's make it and probably SW9. Though SW9 will miss if reception isn't much more on par with TFA. If all of those were to miss, then I don't think we'd get another this decade. 

16 minutes ago, a2knet said:

What's the draw for A2 now that 3D has become common and mundane?

Does Cameron have some new breakthrough/gimmick lined up?

21 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

What's the draw for A2 now that 3D has become common and mundane?

Does Cameron have some new breakthrough/gimmick lined up?

See, believe it or not, and regardless of what butthurt anti-Cameron trolls on the net tell you, a whole lot of people loved Avatar because of the characters. Yep...I know, I know..."those cardboard-thin characters" actually compelled enough people (me included), and to me, that IS the gimmick. I want to see the continuation of Jake and Neytiri's story more than any shiny color or 3D shot.

So there.

7 minutes ago, StevenG said:

See, believe it or not, and regardless of what butthurt anti-Cameron trolls on the net tell you, a whole lot of people loved Avatar because of the characters. Yep...I know, I know..."those cardboard-thin characters" actually compelled enough people (me included), and to me, that IS the gimmick. I want to see the continuation of Jake and Neytiri's story more than any shiny color or 3D shot.

So there.

I'll take you at your word, never got around to seeing it myself. Will probably not watch the sequel either unless I happen to catch the original on television first.

Would personally have assumed it would do about as well as Alice2 compared to Alice1, as it's rare to see someone talking Avatar in the places I frequent.

Oh well, will be interesting to follow its box-office when it hits at least!

Edited by Thomas Beck