vc2002

Spielberg's reaction on not being nominated "Best Director" for JAWS

Wow great footage of young Steven and his late remark was awesome and so true. People hate movies like Twilight and Transformers for making so much money and beating so called mind challengers.

Fuckin A Steven! Jaws being nominated for 4 oscars is a frikkin joke and Steven not being nominated is an atrocity. He should have won that year as well. Great footage.

The irony is that by today's standards Jaws is virtually an art house film. It's very character focused and the pacing in the second half is deliberately slow and atmospheric. Transformers and Twilight aren't good comparisons because they'd never win awards even if they made little money.

The irony is that by today's standards Jaws is virtually an art house film. It's very character focused and the pacing in the second half is deliberately slow and atmospheric.Transformers and Twilight aren't good comparisons because they'd never win awards even if they made little money.

I am not comparing them, if that's what you think. I don't think Twilight and Transformers should ever come close to BP.

Fuckin A Steven! Jaws being nominated for 4 oscars is a frikkin joke and Steven not being nominated is an atrocity. He should have won that year as well. Great footage.

GLORIOUS footage. Jaws was definitely snubbed for Directing and Adapted Screenplay. Robert Shaw also should have got a Supporting Actor nomination. But whatever, the film is the greatest ever made and my favourite ever, so I really can't complain.

Wow, I just want a small part of Stevens ego...

He was 26 at the time and raw. He changed over the years and I think that year taught him a lot of humility.

He was absolutely gorgeous. No wodner women were throwing themselves at him and he didn`t refuse cause that would be rude. His sexcapades in 70s and 80s were stuff of legend.The reaction vid is awesome. Too bad there was no YouTube back in time, it would`ve garner billion hits.His buddy who said the "who directs a movie? Someone`s mother?" is awesome.Jaws is awesome and one of rare instances where movie is wastly better than the book. They smartly ignored stupid rivalry between Brody and Hooper over Ellen and made them buddies for life. I so love this movie.I can`t believe that this hot sexy daring youngster has become such a PC wanker of an old man. What a disappointment.

Yeah, he unquestionably should have won best picture and best director! So should Lucas have for Star Wars. They pulled off impossible to make movies that still resonate to this day. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is excellent and Annie Hall is decent, but they just don't compare to those two films in quality and impact on pulp culture.Does anybody have any idea how many people won't go in the ocean because of Jaws? I went in once for about 10 minutes in 3 feet of water, and the whole time I was in, I heard that John Williams Jaws music, and kept thinking about how most attacks happen in 3 feet of water. That was all for me. Never again! lol
  • Like 1

I love his buddies. "Who makes the best picture, their mother!""" LOL! Uh, I guess oscars were showing their true colors of not knowing a great film all the way back then. Really, I'd like to see who these people are that do the nominations and awarding.

He took it rather well. Who wouldn't have been upset of getting snubbed after making a gamechanger film that saved Hollywood? He was genuinely surprised of getting only 4 noms and was much more composed than his friends and really cool with the commercial backclash comment. I would show this footage to the AMPAS members next January before they're planning to snub Nolan again.

He was absolutely gorgeous. No wodner women were throwing themselves at him and he didn`t refuse cause that would be rude. His sexcapades in 70s and 80s were stuff of legend.The reaction vid is awesome. Too bad there was no YouTube back in time, it would`ve garner billion hits.His buddy who said the "who directs a movie? Someone`s mother?" is awesome.Jaws is awesome and one of rare instances where movie is wastly better than the book. They smartly ignored stupid rivalry between Brody and Hooper over Ellen and made them buddies for life. I so love this movie.I can`t believe that this hot sexy daring youngster has become such a PC wanker of an old man. What a disappointment.

Physically gorgeous? How? He is an incredibly plain looking man.

He was absolutely gorgeous. No wodner women were throwing themselves at him and he didn`t refuse cause that would be rude. His sexcapades in 70s and 80s were stuff of legend.

Huh? Please give me a single link, book source or whatsoever that shows Spielberg was kind of a womanizer back then.