Taylor

Weekend Estimates (Deadline) The Lorax - 70M+

What's so special about it? I mean, it's not a sequel or anything right?

It has Dr. Suess brand which historically has done well at the BO, except for The Cat in the Hat.I can't see how this could miss 200M with almost zero competition in the next couple of week, the first animation to do so in March. Let alone the biggest March OW ever after AiW

Holy shit. We already have an animated movie that will open higher than any other movie last year. 200M is almost a lock and it could even go past Despicable Me. March record could fall if John Carter breaks out next weekend. This is just insane.

Also, I feel sorry for you, John Carter. You have too fierce battle for opening at No. 1.If it follows Horton's performance, it'll drop 45%. That will make it stay well above 40M. I really hope this BO on fire phenomenon will spare some to JCM.BTW it looks like Journey 2 is back on track to cross 100M.

Wow, The Lorax number is huge!I went to see it today and my theater was almost all the way full, so I thought it would do big numbers, but not near this big. :o

Edited by EmpireStrikesBack

I knew Lorax would hit 60m, if not 65m, but 75 freaking million? Are you fucking kidding me? That is absolutely beyond insane. 200m is pretty much locked and it's aim is 250m with no competition for nearly a month. Holy crap Hunger Games is now locked for 100m OW.

• Like 1