Eric Prime

Easter Weekend Thread: Official Weekend Actuals: RPO $41.8M ($53.7M 4-Day), Acrimony $17.2M, BP $11.5M, ICOI $10.4M, PRU $9.4M, IOD $2.9M, GND3 $2.7M

English is not my mother tongue but to describe the amazing, never before seen in a 195m film, visuals for Ready Player One I had those words in mind :

- CGI Porridge

- CGI Hogwash

- CGI Vomit

Perhaps a mix of the three would work best I think.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1

I ve never tried a VR helmet but I know that obviously, in order to work properly in real time according to your momvements, you have a giant downgrade in terms of graphics as opposed to normal gaming so Ready Player One had at least this part of the story right, the moment those kids put their VR helmets on, they are transported back in time with godawful CGI from 20 years ago !

So Zemeckis-ian !!! 

:shades::rock:

Edited by The Futurist

37 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I have it dropping just over 20%. Love, Simon had an insane increase yesterday, and I think that's dropping in the high-teens; a similar increase for ICOI would make me adjust my prediction.

How about $1.67M Thursday for ICOI?:)...

(Deadline Thursday) Fourth place belonged to Roadside Attractions I Can Only Imagine which earned $1.67M (+11%) and a two week tally of $44.8M.

Edited by TwoMisfits

http://deadline.com/2018/03/ready-player-one-steven-spielberg-opening-weekend-box-office-1202318581/

4th Update: Warner Bros./Village Roadshow/Amblin’s Ready Player One is looking at a $15M Friday after a $12M opening day which will transport the Steven Spielberg movie to a $40M 3-day, $52M over four-days.

Tyler Perry’s Acrimony from Lionsgate is eyeing $6M-$7M in its opening day today for a $15M-$17M take

God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness from Pureflix, the Easter weekend’s third entry, is projected to make $900K today for a $2.5M weekend.

GND - another Derby killer

• Like 2

4th Update: Warner Bros./Village Roadshow/Amblin’s Ready Player One is looking at a $15M Friday after a $12M opening day which will transport the Steven Spielberg movie to a $40M 3-day, $52M over four-days.

PostTrak shows a glowing 4 1/2 starts out of five and an overall 83% positive for Ready Player One. Men over 25 were in abundance at 39% but with an 83% positive score. Men under 25 who showed up at 27% loved it the most with a 91% positive score. Women over 25 at 20% gave the movie an 85% with women under 25 only repping 14% of all moviegoers for a score of 75%.

Tyler Perry’s Acrimony from Lionsgate is eyeing $6M-$7M in its opening day today for a $15M-$17M take. If these figures hold, the Taraji P. Henson movie will see a No. 2 take; a huge improvement for the actress after January’s freefall Proud Mary which opened to $9.9M and finaled at $20.8M.

God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness from Pureflix, the Easter weekend’s third entry, is projected to make $900K today for a $2.5M weekend.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/ready-player-one-steven-spielberg-opening-weekend-box-office-1202318581/

PS - Beat me to the post by "this much":)...

PPS - Friday #s RPO $15M, Acrimony $6-7M (including previews), GND3 $900K (including whatever tiny previews it had)... 

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

RPO is a lot of fun, I’d say it’s mid tier Spielberg along the lines of Minority Report and Tintin but it proves he hasn’t lost his touch for directing blockbusters. 

:winomg:

Minority Report is top tier Spielberg

Edited by Empire
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This wont decrease on Saturday but okkkkk

GI Joe increased 1.2% on Saturday with a 45.8% increase on Friday and 4.77x preview to OD multi. RPO only had a 3.2x preview to OD multi and is looking at a 25% increase today if that number holds. I highly doubt this is increasing tomorrow.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1