Eric the IF

Easter Weekend Thread: Official Weekend Actuals: RPO $41.8M ($53.7M 4-Day), Acrimony $17.2M, BP $11.5M, ICOI $10.4M, PRU $9.4M, IOD $2.9M, GND3 $2.7M

12 hours ago, Rman823 said:

RPO was incredible.Truly felt like I was watching an old school Spielberg movie. And a certain scene had me in disbelief will how well it looked and was done (If you’ve seen the film you know which one). 

Just watched it and had no idea what you're talking about, could you pm me which scene?

My cinema screen was pretty small and sound was quiet :gold:

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

some good news folks: Valerian wasn't in the top 5 biggest bombs of last year!

http://deadline.com/2018/03/king-arthur-geostorm-monster-trucks-the-promise-the-great-wall-box-office-losses-1202354934/

Everything you hard core stan can't make the list. B)

The Great Wall numbers seem to be off since it doesn't look like they gave it the % cut  (43% v 25%) in China of being a Chinese production. Hmmm...  Valerian might have made it after all.  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The Great Wall numbers seem to be off since it doesn't look like they gave it the % cut  (43% v 25%) in China of being a Chinese production. Hmmm...  Valerian might have made it after all.  

I guess we'll never know :thinking: 

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

But you are forgetting Warc-

1 hour ago, November Treejax said:

WARCRAFT was a good film, the only good video game movie so far.

Only reason Warcraft isn't the worst video game movie of 2016 is because Assassin's Creed exists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

That's a solid Thursday number. Now lets see how it holds up over the weekend. Saying that it flopped is ridiculously premature. Anyway I'm going to do like I did with Wonder Woman when people were calling that a flop based on early numbers (that were wrong) wait and see how the film does over the entire weekend (and subsequent weekends) and avoid the overreactions on this thread. Peace out. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

Ready Player One was absolutely tragic.

I mean, if you re into indecipherable CGI Porridge with PS2 Cut scenes visuals from 2002, you probably had a good time but if not, well, prepare to suffer.

Oh boy, you can sense grandpa Steven had very little interest in this & he probably directed this from his ranch in Montana while the Previz Wiz Kids were trying to salvage something from this lame story.

What a misfire.

Ykes.

:gold:

Edited by The Futurist
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That's a solid Thursday number. Now lets see how it holds up over the weekend. Saying that it flopped is ridiculously premature. Anyway I'm going to do like I did with Wonder Woman when people were calling that a flop based on early numbers (that were wrong) wait and see how the film does over the entire weekend (and subsequent weekends) and avoid the overreactions on this thread. Peace out. 

I'm going to guess that it's going to be mid 50s, if GI Joe 2 could get to $51m four days a few years ago then it shouldn't be a issue for RPO

19 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

8.2M real Thursday, 0.3M above the 7.9M real Thursday of GI Joe 2, despite the 1.2M headstart in Wednesday previews. #ReadyPlayerBomb #NotAnEvent :sparta:

GI Joe 2 multiplier w/no change: 12 + 17.5 + 17.7 + 11.1 = 58.3M 4-day (47.2M 3-day)

Edited by MCKillswitch123