Eric the Fall Guy

Easter Weekend Thread: Official Weekend Actuals: RPO $41.8M ($53.7M 4-Day), Acrimony $17.2M, BP $11.5M, ICOI $10.4M, PRU $9.4M, IOD $2.9M, GND3 $2.7M

The Snapchat filter is a lot of fun for Ready Player One, it’s basically Take On Me playing in the background and it has some references to the music video! Overall, very good preview number for RPO. So hopefully wom Can help bring in a solid OD and OW overall. 

15 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I never even got school off for Good Friday until at least my sophomore year of high school, and I went to public schools my whole life. Has this holiday seen a sudden increase in prominence? Don't ever remember it being a thing at the box office till like Furious 7, either.

TBF, the industry has only recently started to take advantage of non-major holidays like this with the release calendar getting more and more spread out over the year, instead of everything concentrated in Summer and the Holiday season.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

TBF, the industry has only recently started to take advantage of non-major holidays like this with the release calendar getting more and more spread out over the year, instead of everything concentrated in Summer and the Holiday season.

Need to drop the next Star Wars on Yom Kippur

• Like 3

Next weeks' runtimes w/out credits and trailer attachments:

Blockers: 1:34. Truth or Dare and Night School.

Chappaquiddick: 1:40. Attachments unknown (I assume Replicas?)

Isle of Dogs: 1:35. Attachments unknown (I assume Can You Ever Forgive Me, and maybe Deadpool 2, or another Searchlight film? Maybe Super Troopers 2?)

The Miracle Season: 1:30. It says there's a trailer attached, but it doesn't seem to specify. Just some random code.

A Quiet Place hasn't updated.

• Like 1

@75Live oh my God! Ready Player one was awesome. And that seen that you were telling me about, was pretty much orgasmic for a horror movie nerd like us LOL. That might be my favorite sequence of any movie in The Last 5 Years.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

Just now, baumer said:

@75Live oh my God! Ready Player one was awesome. And that seen that you were telling me about, was pretty much orgasmic for a horror movie nerd like us LOL. That might be my favorite sequence of any movie in The Last 5 Years.

My showing begins in 10 minutes 🤔

http://deadline.com/2018/03/ready-player-one-steven-spielberg-opening-weekend-box-office-1202318581/

According to industry estimates, Warner Bros./Village Roadshow/Amblin’s Ready Player One is looking to score at least a $12.5M opening Thursday which would project it to a $53M-$55M four-day weekend.  “It’s kicking ass,” says one rival analyst off matinees figures. Should the pic really slow in its turnstiles, then we’re looking at a $10M Thursday, but that’s not the case right now. Should this movie rally, it will be based on word of mouth and exit polls. Once moviegoers get in there, they realize what a fun, classic Spielberg ride it is.

RelishMix’s read on the social chatter is that the movie “has an excited fan base, and its cultural references and Roblox effort has activated gamers and moviegoers, too” adding “Fans of the novel by Ernest Cline, Spielberg movies and classic video games are ‘all in’ and ready to dive in the deep end.  They are sharing their favorite moments from the trailers and the novel, and speculating how these elements might be portrayed by master craftsman, Spielberg.  There are also questions about specific characters, the Oasis and its translation from a VR experience to film – and much more, particularly coming out of mass wave of positive social buzz from SXSW.  And again, Roblox gamers are definitely chiming in on the film’s owned assets, too as questions swirl about a sequel and potential theme park installations.”

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

With such a good start I hope RPO does at least 45 over 4-days.

Even if it's a bit front-loaded early on:

12.75 (3.75 + 9) + 13 (+2%/+45%) + 12 (-8%) + 8.25 (-31%) = 46 4-day

Edited by a2knet
readjusting
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Even though eeeeeeeearly DHD estimates should always be taken w/a grain of salt, a 12.5M OD and 53-55M 4-day would be really good, and the high end of that estimate nearly locks down a 100M DOM result. Nearly.

• Like 1