Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread | Estimates: AQP 50M, RP1 25M, CKBLK 21.4M, BP 8.4M,

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

556k under estimates.  Still a great drop (25%), but not nearly as good as originally estimated (20%).

ICOI is down to the 8th best PTA in the Top 10. It will face a hefty theater drop this week ahead of what will likely be a decline of 35%+ this weekend. It has had a heck of a surprising run but the descent has begun for the film. $85-$90M seems like a final total for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RPO

Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Week
2018/03/30 1 $41,769,050   4,234 $9,865   $53,710,325 1
2018/04/06 2 $24,624,178 -41% 4,234 $5,816   $96,484,703 2

2018/04/06 - $6,788,910 +93% 4,234 $1,603   $78,649,435 9
2018/04/07 - $11,053,393 +63% 4,234 $2,611   $89,702,828 10
2018/04/08 - $6,781,875 -39% 4,234 $1,602   $96,484,703 11

100 on Tuesday. Heading for 145-155 dom imo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Jumanji increased $10,000 in the actuals!

Oh yeah!

on Monday, Jumanji finally passing Spider-man DOM, which held the Sony DOM record for 16 years.

Jumanji will get to hang on to the record for about 16 months ;)

30 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Another surprising number this weekend: Sherlock Gnomes’ Sunday gross was only 6% smaller than its gross on Easter Sunday last weekend.

Just proving once again that it's really hard to drive a stake through the heart of a family film's legs. 

Edited by Porthos

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Both Spider-man sequels have decreased from their original movies.

And most MCU sequels increase a fair bit. Especially with A3 and A4 in between, and the good reception of the first one, it’s pretty hard for me to imagine SMH2 falls unless it is bad (and that is, shall we say, unlikely). Admittedly there is some room for it to just do a GotG->GotG2 Domestic increase and still fall short of Jumanji.

30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

this is the limit of your imagination??

Of course. I think comparing it to holds like Gone With The Wind is a stretch too far. And Star Wars? Just not fair. Sound of Music sets a bit too high a standard as well 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun

Disney is sure in a pickle. BP and AWIT need roughly 4 and 3 times their respective grosses this weekend to reach their respective century marks, or 7th century mark for BP. If only one of the films was flirting with a milestone, the other would likely be used to help it cross the finish line. Then there is the decision about whether AIW could boost either film if they were close or to keep AIW's opening as high as possible. BP seems like it will benefit from AIW sellouts but AWIT is a tougher road to climb, even though it is closer to that target.

I suppose Disney could just Hercules both of them and let them fall short. I'm not sure AWIT has enough in the tank to make it on its own but BP is going be close if it continues to hold like it did this weekend.

13 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Disney is sure in a pickle. BP and AWIT need roughly 4 and 3 times their respective grosses this weekend to reach their respective century marks, or 7th century mark for BP. If only one of the films was flirting with a milestone, the other would likely be used to help it cross the finish line. Then there is the decision about whether AIW could boost either film if they were close or to keep AIW's opening as high as possible. BP seems like it will benefit from AIW sellouts but AWIT is a tougher road to climb, even though it is closer to that target.

I suppose Disney could just Hercules both of them and let them fall short. I'm not sure AWIT has enough in the tank to make it on its own but BP is going be close if it continues to hold like it did this weekend.

Solo could open to 300M and pull both over the milestones with double feature drive ins.