Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread | Estimates: AQP 50M, RP1 25M, CKBLK 21.4M, BP 8.4M,

6 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Eh, the trailers have already effectively made them somewhat brutal without really showing the impact.  Horror doesn’t always need to show everything.  Plus if it were R, they’re cutting out a sizable demographic of their audience.  My showing of Happy Death Day had to be 95% teens

Wouldn't an R rating make it more attractive to teens, afterall, 21% of ITs audience where under 17 and that movie made way more money than Happy Death Day. Even Annabelle Creation had a 17% under 17 figure which is pretty big (A Quiet Place is 14% and I can't find anything for Happy Death Day)

9 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Of course there is. The whole selling point of the movie is having cast 2 big teenie stars with Hale and that Teen Wolf Guy.

They would be very stupid, not to get a PG-13.

Didnt Scream have teenie Stars? That made $100 million domestically alone

11 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

yesssss this increased my hype even more.  I’m looking for a campy fun horror film that you can laugh at and have a blast with and this looks to deliver

Campy fun horror flicks tend to be aware of how campy they are. Does anyone get that sense from this?

33 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Of course there is. The whole selling point of the movie is having cast 2 big teenie stars with Hale and that Teen Wolf Guy.

They would be very stupid, not to get a PG-13.

I remember when people said this about Ghost movies, saying why make an R rated ghost movie, cut out your main demo, then Paranormal Activity came out, then The Conjuring came out. I think the R rating makes horror more attractive to teens and getting in isn’t a problem, Hell, when I saw it, 95% Of the audience was teenagers.

30 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I remember when people said this about Ghost movies, saying why make an R rated ghost movie, cut out your main demo, then Paranormal Activity came out, then The Conjuring came out. I think the R rating makes horror more attractive to teens and getting in isn’t a problem, Hell, when I saw it, 95% Of the audience was teenagers.

Truth or Dare's audience is mainly under 17 girls, who wouldn't be able to get in without their parents with an R rating.

55 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

absolutely 

and casting "hot" young CW stars makes them less attractive to teen audiences b/c it makes them look less scary 

Edited by La Binoche

I wasn't following news on A Quite Place, its trailers screamed to me "wait for Netflix".

There didn't seem any hype for the film. Few tv spots crossed my dial(granted I don't have cable, concentrate there?).

Did this come in ahead of tracking significantly, on target?

This one surprised me when I saw the weekend numbers.

17 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I wasn't following news on A Quite Place, its trailers screamed to me "wait for Netflix".

There didn't seem any hype for the film. Few tv spots crossed my dial(granted I don't have cable, concentrate there?).

Did this come in ahead of tracking significantly, on target?

This one surprised me when I saw the weekend numbers.

Ahead of tracking but tracking did see it breaking out 

• Like 1