baumer

Monday numbers Rampage 2.53M

So a typical 75% drop.  This is obviously playing well with families so the drop is pretty much in line, in fact, it's just another typical Monday number.

• Like 2

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Huh, AQP over Rampage already.....

Uhhh...one's  family movie with a family audience...the other is a horror movie which always has softer Monday drops.  This isn't surprising.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

Uhhh...one's  family movie with a family audience...the other is a horror movie which always has softer Monday drops.  This isn't surprising.  

Horror typically drops in the mid-70s too. AQP just has incredible WOM.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This. 

Rampage wasn't really marketed as a family movie. It's more of an unoffensive movie you can take your 13 year old kids too but not a family movie in a sense where a grandma can go to the cinema with her 8 year old grandkids. Star Wars and even Marvel movies are friendlier to people that are younger. This will scare some kids (it will scare my 9 year old half sister) 

Edited by norbar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, norbar said:

This. 

Rampage wasn't really marketed as a family movie. It's more of an unoffensive movie you can take your 13 year old kids too but not a family movie in a sense where a grandma can go to the cinema with her 8 year old grandkids. Star Wars and even Marvel movies are friendlier to people that are younger. This will scare some kids (it will scare my 9 year old half sister) 

Generally speaking anymore Family Friendly doesnt mean Kiddie friendly 

3 hours ago, RandomCat said:

I'm not sure I'd call Rampage a Family movie. If it is, it walks the edges.

Based on the Saturday number I'd say it is.

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Low 7's yes, mid 70's not really.  Family movies, as you know, always fall more than films that are aimed more at teens and young adults.  

3 hours ago, RandomCat said:

I guess so...curious to see if it still plays as one though. It didn't altogether feel like a family film while watching it.

I agree.  But family film isn't just animation.  Kids of all ages love to see giant monsters rampaging the shit out of things.  So in this case, I think it's the kind of film a lot of families can take their kids to.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I agree.  But family film isn't just animation.  Kids of all ages love to see giant monsters rampaging the shit out of things.  So in this case, I think it's the kind of film a lot of families can take their kids to.  

Oh, I know. It's just bloodier than I think most modern parents like for films they take their kids to. Just curious if that'll have an effect or not.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

I'm not sure I'd call Rampage a Family movie. If it is, it walks the edges.

It does walk the edge, but it does seem to be weekend days heavy, the concept do seem to be really targeting the 10-12 year's old boy like a transformer and mom's love Dwayne.

A bit strangely, I have not seen any audience breakdown (male/female, under/over 25, family, Johnson fans, etc...) for this anywhere I cannot find it with google.

That movie is rated General (not even with parent supervision) in my market, must be really soft borderline pg-13.

31 minutes ago, baumer said:

25 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Oh, I know. It's just bloodier than I think most modern parents like for films they take their kids to. Just curious if that'll have an effect or not.

Kong: Skull Island played heavily to familys and that movie was brutal for a PG-13 film in some scenes. Jurassic World definetly was darker than something like The Avengers, but it was even stronger than that movie with the family crowd.

Especially kids and teens love seeing giant monsters/animals/dinosaurs wrecking shit.

• Like 4

Family film can still mean parents + teenage kids. Dont imagine there will be many under 10s seeing Rampage but that's similar to other films like Jurassic World. Not kid friendly but still plays like a family movie.