That One Girl

The Hunt | Universal | March 13, 2020 | Coming to VOD on Friday March 20

7 hours ago, SLAM! said:

Fox News just ran a segment about this film an hour ago. The film sparked discussion because of its plot of the "elitists" hunting the "deplorables". The Fox News people condemned it as a glamorization of violence. That's a shame because, having seen the trailer twice, I thought conservatives--at least the more introspective ones--would've found the concept compelling, especially given that first trailer's tongue in cheek nature. Instead, they went for the "liberal filmmakers' wish fulfillment" angle, which I personally disagree with.

Hilary Swank deserves to be in a few hits so it's mildly infuriating that she seems to be in another underperformer.

The presenters probably misheard the film title and thought that it was an attack on their Orange Man.

Edited by Avatree

6 hours ago, Barnack said:

Looking at the trailers considering the deplorable are the heroes of the story and the elitists cartoon villain, it could have passed.

Heck, five years ago, Fox News at least had a guy who would talk about the new movie releases on Friday, and he was hyping up Whiplash as a future Oscar contender. I guess they don't have time for that stuff now because they have a president they want to try and side with.

I am betting that in the end the "Elites" will be presented in such a vague way politically that you can pretty much read whatever politics you want into it.

Anyway, it's just an updated version of "Most Dangerous Game".,which has been filmed time and time again.

• Like 1