That One Girl

The Hunt | Universal | March 13, 2020 | Coming to VOD on Friday March 20

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

ANyway, the attention this movie had be getting in the news was cut short by the Epstein suicide.

This movie being cancelled was to distract people from the fact that the deep state collaborated with the Moon landing fakers to replace Epstein with a body double and kill the body double thereby preventing us from ever knowing the truth behind 9/11 as Epstein is the only one who can spill the beans. He's now in the Cayman Islands living his best life, they snuck him there through the basement Comet Pizza.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 2

After the idiot flag controversy with First Man last year, I can see how nervous Universal suits were not interested in one of their movies being attacked by Fox News, again. Especially if it wasn't going to make it that much money, plus look at how Sony got hacked when they were going to release The Interview, and hackers/bots are way more advanced now than they were in 2014. Universal also had to deal with how to advertise The Hunt, this is America, there will be more mass shootings before the release date. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This movie being cancelled was to distract people from the fact that the deep state collaborated with the Moon landing fakers to replace Epstein with a body double and kill the body double thereby preventing us from ever knowing the truth behind 9/11 as Epstein is the only one who can spill the beans. He's now in the Cayman Islands living his best life, they snuck him there through the basement Comet Pizza.

Can confirm.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Well, they dumped Interview on digital as well so not really.

And every project featuring either Putin, Kim Jong Un or similar got cancelled or modified to remove them.

Would dumped this not create and even worst precedent ?

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

And every project featuring either Putin, Kim Jong Un or similar got cancelled or modified to remove them.

Would dumped this not create and even worst precedent ?

*shrugs*

It probably was going to get creamed by the other releases when it was released anyway, so either bomb or get cancelled and dumped. 

Eiiiiither way, what happens the following days to it will be interesting.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Delaying this to 2020 will do it no favors since we'll be in an election year and the knives will be out everywhere. Just dump it on Universal+ or whatever they're calling it and be done with it.

Sell it to HBO. They're already home to two Lindelof projects

• Like 1

I understand the cancelation in the US, but why not continue to market and release it in the rest of the world, where people can't buy a gun at the grocery store? Keep the international release, and deal with the US later.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I understand the cancelation in the US, but why not continue to market and release it in the rest of the world, where people can't buy a gun at the grocery store? Keep the international release, and deal with the US later.

Because that costs money and Universal isn't going to be spending more money on markets where the movie will basically make zilch. 

So my guess is that after spending time with the “hunted” characters it turns out they were all responsible for some heinous shit in their past and that’s the reason they’re being hunted, and they all pretty much deserved to die. 

A bog standard horror trope. The reason they’re being hunted is due to reasons no sane US conservative would want to attribute to themselves thus making the hoopla (which I’m guessing the marketing team wanted before it worked too well) to be all for moot.

The political edge looks like it was trying to target liberal minded audiences, but the film itself feels like a miscalculation. I don’t think most people would instantly hate the trope-based-characters portrayed in the film enough to want to watch them be massacred for 2 hours, and I don’t think they would like them enough to want to follow these characters in a way that would portray them as heroes. US Right Wingers would already be turned off. So who is this movie for exactly?

It looks like a movie created in a online vacuum. The internet can make the world seem dark, miserable, evil, and hateful, but the minute you turn off the laptop and go outside you realise it’s kinda chill out here. Most people are ignorant to online discussion, news, and politics, and just want to get on with their day. This movie looks like it was trying to target the liberal side of Twitter, but forgot that human beings are full fledged individuals beyond social media. Someone can be a hardcore Harry Potter fan online and turn out to be a regular person with interests and desires that have nothing to do with Hogwarts. Politics in film requires nuance because human beings are nuanced. (From the trailer) This movie just doesn’t seem to understand that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

So my guess is that after spending time with the “hunted” characters it turns out they were all responsible for some heinous shit in their past and that’s the reason they’re being hunted, and they all pretty much deserved to die. 

A bog standard horror trope. The reason they’re being hunted is due to reasons no sane US conservative would want to attribute to themselves thus making the hoopla (which I’m guessing the marketing team wanted before it worked too well) to be all for moot.

The political edge looks like it was trying to target liberal minded audiences, but the film itself feels like a miscalculation. I don’t think most people would instantly hate the trope-based-characters portrayed in the film enough to want to watch them be massacred for 2 hours, and I don’t think they would like them enough to want to follow these characters in a way that would portray them as heroes. US Right Wingers would already be turned off. So who is this movie for exactly?

It looks like a movie created in a online vacuum. The internet can make the world seem dark, miserable, evil, and hateful, but the minute you turn off the laptop and go outside you realise it’s kinda chill out here. Most people are ignorant to online discussion, news, and politics, and just want to get on with their day. This movie looks like it was trying to target the liberal side of Twitter, but forgot that human beings are full fledged individuals beyond social media. Someone can be a hardcore Harry Potter fan online and turn out to be a regular person with interests and desires that have nothing to do with Hogwarts. Politics in film requires nuance because human beings are nuanced. (From the trailer) This movie just doesn’t seem to understand that.

I seriously doubt that the majority of people complaining about this movie would’ve even thought about that. From what I can tell, they just saw that these “deplorable” are being killed, and automatically assumed that we’re supposed to be rooting for them to die. 

• Like 1