CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

11 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Because I watched it twice back to back and will watch it at least a third time, a first for me. The only other movie that I watched twice in the theaters is the original avengers.

of course I am kidding with my own anecdotal evidence but why are some of you demanding essays about how this will do. Let’s let things roll and see what happens, maybe this is such a huge spectacle that will bring repeat viewers and general interest or maybe the ending will scare some people off and cut its legs. Nobody can tell for sure and there’s the worldwide box office too which could be great.

If this thing defies the odds like you seem to think it will, I will be more than happy to say I was wrong.  

Can you say the same thing about yourself?

• Like 1

Rank LW Title Distributor Theater Count Change % Change Week #
> NEW RELEASES
1 - Avengers: Infinity War Buena Vista 4,474 - - 1
24 - Disobedience Bleecker Street 5 - - 1
26 - Let the Sunshine In IFC 2 - - 1
> EXPANDING
17 37 Lean on Pete A24 167 +98 +142.0% 4
22 70 The Rider Sony Classics 37 +28 +311.1% 3
23 49 Foxtrot Sony Classics 32 +6 +23.1% 9
> NO CHANGE
3 3 I Feel Pretty STX Entertainment 3,440 - - 2
7 16 Traffik Lionsgate 1,046 - - 2
25 78 The Hurricane Heist Entertainment Studios 5 - - 8
28 108 Le Corbeau (2018 re-issue) Rialto 1 - - 2
29 111 Quai des Orfevres (2018 Re-issue) Rialto 1 - - 3
> DECLINING
2 2 A Quiet Place Paramount 3,565 -243 -6.4% 4
4 6 Truth or Dare Universal 2,415 -653 -21.3% 3
5 5 Blockers Universal 2,313 -821 -26.2% 4
6 10 Black Panther Buena Vista 1,650 -280 -14.5% 11
8 11 Sherlock Gnomes Paramount 731 -728 -49.9% 6
9 12 Chappaquiddick Entertainment Studios 704 -751 -51.6% 4
10 14 Tyler Perry's Acrimony Lionsgate 540 -608 -53.0% 5
11 15 The Miracle Season Mirror/LD 430 -692 -61.7% 4
12 18 A Wrinkle in Time Buena Vista 371 -294 -44.2% 8
13 17 Beirut Bleecker Street 237 -518 -68.6% 3
14 22 Peter Rabbit Sony / Columbia 229 -115 -33.4% 12
15 19 Pacific Rim Uprising Universal 222 -424 -65.6% 6
16 21 Paul, Apostle of Christ Sony / Columbia 177 -200 -53.1% 6
18 28 The Leisure Seeker Sony Classics 117 -66 -36.1% 16
19 34 Final Portrait Sony Classics 69 -31 -31.0% 6
20 36 Strangers: Prey at Night Aviron 62 -28 -31.1% 8
21 38 Death Wish (2018) MGM 42 -26 -38.2% 9
27 87 Hostiles Entertainment Studios 1 -2 -66.7% 19
<< Prev. Week < Last Year View Index Next Year > Next Week >>

• Like 2

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Quoted for anyone wondering how that 300m OW could be possible. 

NYC has notoriously expensive tickets.  This is par for the course with them, pretty sure TFA and TLJ and whatnot had similar high ticket prices.  Same for most major cities for that matter.  Changes nothing.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is the second club I've made that's been ruined by low TCs :sadno: 

At first looking at the name involved and being a Universal release, I thought if they go for a low TCS..... plan to expand after ?

But nothing in their history match that:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?yr=&view=company&view2=allmovies&studio=focus.htm&sort=open&order=DESC&p=.htm

Never had a 800 to 1500 then expand release I think in recent year's.

Zookeeper wife:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=zookeeperswife.htm

Could be the closest comparable, started at 541 rising to 1,000 (maybe they will do a 1,200 followed by 1,800) ? Like battle of the sexes did last year:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=battleofthesexes.htm

21 -> 1,213 -> 1,822

Otherwise, if it is has wide has it goes that will be a big deception (for a Cody, Reitman, Theron, Duplass movie sitting at 94% on RT and released by a main MPAA studio).

Edited by Barnack

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

NYC has notoriously expensive tickets.  This is par for the course with them, pretty sure TFA and TLJ and whatnot had similar high ticket prices.  Same for most major cities for that matter.  Changes nothing.

Did you really just space out on the 50 showtimes bit of that tweet? I highly doubt anything has ever gotten that kind of treatment. And no, I don't believe TFA tickets ran as high as $27 3 years ago, even in NYC. 

5 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Dude, no offense but I wasn’t calling anybody a pig . Lol, come on that’s a bit funny, there was an.....ahem individual who attacked me , for not liking titanic, because I am a citizen of a country from the so called PIGS (Portugal,Ireland,Greece,Spain) that had/have financial problems, and attacked me in a very racist manner. These are the PIGS, hence the bold letters for the term, it’s not the animals:sparta::hahaha:

Wait someone attacked you for what? Tell me who it was so I can ban his ass into oblivion.

• Astonished 3

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Did you really just space out on the 50 showtimes bit of that tweet? I highly doubt anything has ever gotten that kind of treatment. And no, I don't believe TFA tickets ran as high as $27 3 years ago, even in NYC. 

I remember TFA and TLJ having a huge number of showtimes there too.  Probably close to or about 50

That’s an impressive hold in TC for Black Panther. 1650 theaters in its 11th weekend! 

Those theater probably really count on the IW spillover effect for it.

Just now, Sam said:

That’s an impressive hold in TC for Black Panther. 1650 theaters in its 11th weekend! 

Those theater probably really count on the IW spillover effect for it.

It will be fun watching it get a tc expansion for next weekend after the insane hold it has this weekend. 

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

At first looking at the name involved and being a Universal release, I thought if they go for a low TCS..... plan to expand after ?

But nothing in their history match that:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?yr=&view=company&view2=allmovies&studio=focus.htm&sort=open&order=DESC&p=.htm

Never had a 800 to 1500 than expend release I think in recent year's.

Zookeeper wife:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=zookeeperswife.htm

Could be the closest comparable, started at 541 rising to 1,000 (maybe they will do a 1,200 followed by 1,800) ? Like battle of the sexes did last year:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=battleofthesexes.htm

21 -> 1,213 -> 1,822

Otherwise, if it is has wide has it goes that will be a big deception (for a Cody, Reitman, Theron, Duplass movie sitting at 94% on RT and released by a main MPAA studio).

Focus has never been a studio concerned too much about box office success and their attempts at pushing towards commercial success have been limited. They've only had two $70M+ grossers in their entire history (one a controversial Best Picture nominee and the other an animated movie released during a drought for animated fare).

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Wait someone attacked you for what? Tell me who it was so I can ban his ass into oblivion.

Don’t even remember, he doesn’t have many posts and had a James Cameron avatar. Lol, I was called needy (meaning poor), illiterate (I have a Cambridge proficiency in English besides my college degree but whatever) and many more more general bad things about my country that I don’t even remember. Anyway don’t really care about it or asking for bans I just found it a bit funny, though kind of understandable I guess, that Baumer thought that I was calling him and members of this forum pigs , I mean I love Baumer :)

• Like 1