aabattery

Monday Numbers - A:IW 24.74M

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

These numbers are outrageously good but ppl should slow down on the 800M predix, Sat & Sun were essentially at capacity meaning major spillover

People gonna freak out tomorrow too when Tuesday is more likely flat or just a 5% increase.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

Just now, HouseOfTheSun said:

...what? If Saturday was at capacity with 82m, how on earth was Sunday at capacity with 69m

Fewer late night shows, fewer people willing to attend night shows. Functional capacity, not theoretical capacity

• Like 9

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

It's only been 4 days but the % it keeps beating Avengers by daily is increasing.  That is a very good sign. 

Your right its actually the third day in a row now with a better increase/hold

Saturday 12% vs 22%

Sunday -18% vs -15.7%

Monday -67% vs -64%

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Fewer late night shows, fewer people willing to attend night shows. Functional capacity, not theoretical capacity

...and you think that crowd that isn’t willing to go on a Sunday night spilled over to a Monday night?

Edited by HouseOfTheSun

This is how it's going to go.. it's going to run better than The Avengers are around a 3.1x multi until May 11th then that multi will drop to the rate of a a 2.8x multi.

in other words it's probably going to be edge past Avatar in the region of the world called US&Canada.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, HouseOfTheSun said:

...and you think that crowd that isn’t willing to go on a Sunday night spilled over to a Monday night?

There's a world of difference between Sunday at 9 and Monday at 7 for people with kids/jobs/whatever to wake up to early, yes. Is that even a question?

• Like 10

Talk about overreacting to a single data point (with possible levels of spillover never before seen and hard to extrapolate from). This morning people were talking about how 2.6 would still be a pretty great multiple, and with 1 more day of data suddenly I’m seeing a bunch of 3+ predictions!?    

It’s possible, and I’d enjoy it immensely, but let’s just see how the 2nd weekend unfolds before we start talking 3+ legs too seriously.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, picores said:

Great Monday number, matching Avengers 1 legs doesnt seem crazy, even a bit lower 2.9x multiplier puts it on 750m DOM. Black Panther definitely going down.

3 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Your right its actually the third day in a row now with a better increase/hold

Saturday 12% vs 22%

Sunday -18% vs -15.7%

Monday -67% vs -64%

giphy.gif

Delicious!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is a great number nevertheless though.

31.5% bigger than The Avengers’ Monday, improving percentage-wise from Sun, where it was bigger than TA by 16.3%

With that said, of course, if there aren’t folks who extrapolate legs or locking this and that total base on one single daily number, then this is really not BOT so...

Edited by Sam
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

.... in other words it's probably going to be edge past Avatar in the region of the world called US&Canada.

So, the important part? :P (jk)

I assume we'll have to wait till tomorrow for an OS update on Monday?

Edited by lancelot123

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

This is how it's going to go.. it's going to run better than The Avengers are around a 3.1x multi until May 11th then that multi will drop to the rate of a a 2.8x multi.

in other words it's probably going to be edge past Avatar in the region of the world called US&Canada.

Aw, I know it hurts Jimbo. Don't hold it in, we're here for you. 

:redcapes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Talk about overreacting to a single data point (with possible levels of spillover never before seen and hard to extrapolate from). This morning people were talking about how 2.6 would still be a pretty great multiple, and with 1 more day of data suddenly I’m seeing a bunch of 3+ predictions!?    

It’s possible, and I’d enjoy it immensely, but let’s just see how the 2nd weekend unfolds before we start talking 3+ legs too seriously.

2.5-2.6 predictions are coming entirely from people who are simply scared by large, record breaking numbers. The method by which IW broke the opening record should have signaled to everyone that 2.5 or thereabouts is not the baseline we should be looking at, but rather a 3x of Avengers 1. But like I said, people simply are too scared when it comes to huge numbers. 

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

There's a world of difference between Sunday at 9 and Monday at 7 for people with kids/jobs/whatever to wake up to early, yes. Is that even a question?

This is not what I would call a “huge” spillover effect. 

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

2.5-2.6 predictions are coming entirely from people who are simply scared by large, record breaking numbers. The method by which IW broke the opening record should have signaled to everyone that 2.5 or thereabouts is not the baseline we should be looking at, but rather a 3x of Avengers 1. But like I said, people simply are too scared when it comes to huge numbers. 

Boy...

Come on now.

• Like 9

At this point only 500 is locked and 600 is looking good. 700 is still a question mark. We will have to see its second weekend to see where it might head up. 

800 is just plain stupid

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2