Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

My issue with deadpool 2 is that I think it won't get the people who go 2 3 times a year in theater crowd.

They already seen BP and iw.

However the space out between iw and deadpool helps.

Ithink solo will get ignored by casuals 

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

My issue with deadpool 2 is that I think it won't get the people who go 2 3 times a year in theater crowd.

They already seen BP and iw.

However the space out between iw and deadpool helps.

Ithink solo will get ignored by casuals 

lol

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

You trust tracking?

Would have to fall way short to hit low 100M. Even with negative reviews I don't see it dropping that hard on OW (guess we'll wait for updated tracking next week to make sure). 

This one does have enormous hype as well. All the trailers were well received and it was buzzing last week with the Celine Dion collab.

• Like 1

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Ok but 110M? Nah 

I don’t have expectations for it. Didn’t have expectations for Panther or Infinity either. My approach these days is sit back and enjoy the numbers rolling in. $110m would still be a great opening. 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol

Its not lol..

That is the crowd that makes a 300 million hot or 400 plus.

And yeah solo will get ignored by casuals as they seen IW and deadpool.

• Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Its already tracking at 150M+ though...

Deadpool 2
Opening Weekend Range: $120 – 145 million

Anticipation remains strong for the Merc with a Mouth’s sequel as his second coming on May 18 approaches. Social media metrics remain behind those of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2Suicide Squad, and the first Deadpool, while traditional tracking is generally level with the former two of that group.

Source: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-sicario-day-soldado-uncle-drew/

@Shawn said this three days ago. Last time I went OVER his estimates. This time I'm going under, wanting to be surprised. Like @Thanos Legion said, IW and DP2 crowds don't intersect that much and I really want to be proven wrong about DP2. Kinda couldn't care less about Solo, but I'm weirdly getting more stoked for that than DP2 lately.

• Like 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Its not lol..

That is the crowd that makes a 300 million hot or 400 plus.

And yeah solo will get ignored by casuals as they seen IW and deadpool.

Sorry I don't live in the universe where a film must make an otherworldly amount of money to be deemed a success or else it is a flop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Would have to fall way short to hit low 100M. Even with negative reviews I don't see it dropping that hard on OW (guess we'll wait for updated tracking next week to make sure). 

This one does have enormous hype as well. All the trailers were well received and it was buzzing last week with the Celine Dion collab.

I have no idea where these people who are saying no hype are coming from. Literally the last two trailers were well received, the Celine Dion video went viral and you have one our insiders already saying there's high awareness for the film. The movie could be a mess but to act like there's no hype for the movie is laughable lol 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sorry I don't live in the universe where a film must make an otherworldly amount of money to be deemed a success or else it is a flop.

Lol deadpool is made cheaply it can underperform and be a hit.

Same cant be said for solo.

I just find when a film over performs future blockbuster films within the same month usually do not.

Edited by Lordmandeep

11 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I don’t believe this will do 700 million but if it doesn’t it won’t be because of ....jw2 which would cause it to miss what 2-3 million late earnings ? It won’t do 700 million because it had a not that great drop in its second weekend and I doubt it will have a great third weekend even without any competition.

seriously dude i like you i really do but sometimes you don't know what you re talking about.....

Yeah yeah IW had a TERRIBLE 2nd week end drop off a 257m opening week end ahhhhhhhhh cancel the apocalypse end the world kill yourself etc etc etc etc....

Man you need to have to learn what Box office is i don't post very often but i m here since 2012 and the week end of The Avengers.

And i can tell you this week end is normal even better than expected so if you want to have IW -40% off 257m opening in early may then ok you can..... but it's no like how the BO works especially for sequels.....

I respect you, you seems like a good guy but since 3 days you tell us IW is doom OMG very bad 2nd drop omg won' t do 660m etc  we GET it dude.....

Keep calm and relax.

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have no idea where these people who are saying no hype are coming from. Literally the last two trailers were well received, the Celine Dion video went viral and you have one our insiders already saying there's high awareness for the film. The movie could be a mess but to act like there's no hype for the movie is laughable lol 

He said $110m. That is a huge number for R-rated film. I remember the days when people thought $70m opening for Deadpool would be great. Now $110m is equal to saying the film has no hype?

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Source: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-sicario-day-soldado-uncle-drew/

@Shawn said this three days ago. Last time I went OVER his estimates. This time I'm going under, wanting to be surprised. Like @Thanos Legion said, IW and DP2 crowds don't intersect that much and I really want to be proven wrong about DP2. Kinda couldn't care less about Solo, but I'm weirdly getting more stoked for that than DP2 lately.

Oh I'm not arguing whether they will intersect or not. It's definitely possible that an event movie like Infinity War remains unaffected by Deadpool or Solo (not counting on it personally though). Last year WonderWoman was unfazed by Spider-Man so who knows.

I'm just saying there is more than enough hype for Deadpool 2.