Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

15 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wait wait wait...... @CJohn is it true that Avengers won the April 19-25 box office week here in Portugal IN A SINGLE DAY? :ohmygod:

By a wide margin lmao.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lol deadpool is made cheaply it can underperform and be a hit.

Same cant be said for solo.

I just find when a film over performs future blockbuster films within the same month usually do not.

So? Deadpool 2 and Solo don't need to make Infinity War money to be successful. You need to learn to stop downplaying everything that doesn't set records, man.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

So? Deadpool 2 and Solo don't need to make Infinity War money to be successful. You need to learn to stop downplaying everything that doesn't set records, man.

I am not saying they will...

I just think IW overperformace may reduce the number of casuals who watch those films...

I think deadpool is fine as it's made cheap but solo needs to be a huge domestic hit as its overseas gross will be terrible.

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

He said $110m. That is a huge number for R-rated film. I remember the days when people thought $70m opening for Deadpool would be great. Now $110m is equal to saying the film has no hype?

He's literally in his post talked about the film not having hype. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

He didn’t say no hype. $110m is still huge for R-rated film. 

Yes he did. He's literally talked about not feeling the hype for the film lol Go back and read his posts 

6 minutes ago, Bonenash said:

seriously dude i like you i really do but sometimes you don't know what you re talking about.....

Yeah yeah IW had a TERRIBLE 2nd week end drop off a 257m opening week end ahhhhhhhhh cancel the apocalypse end the world kill yourself etc etc etc etc....

Man you need to have to learn what Box office is i don't post very often but i m here since 2012 and the week end of The Avengers.

And i can tell you this week end is normal even better than expected so if you want to have IW -40% off 257m opening in early may then ok you can..... but it's no like how the BO works especially for sequels.....

I respect you, you seems like a good guy but since 3 days you tell us IW is doom OMG very bad 2nd drop omg won' t do 660m etc  we GET it dude.....

Keep calm and relax.

O.k first of all I post too little to actually cause a disturbance . Hell, in this thread of 1000000000 posts I have , what a few posts ,  most. of them one sentence ones. Secondly I never posted that this will do 660 or things like doom e.t.c, not my style. The only thing that I have posted, and won’t take back no matter how many good people try to.....make me come to my senses , is that I find this weekend to be hugely disappointing for IW.

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

He's literally in his post talked about the film not having hype. 

I never said no hype. Just not as much as DP1. DP1 felt like an event. DP2 does not. I didn't have a rush to find tickets like I did for the first and I just bought tickets for May 16th. At least here in Brazil things don't look completely nuts like it was with DP1. DP2 should never 1) drop Tim Miller and 2) gone for a "premiere" date. DP could thrive on "off season" dates but I'm not that confident that the May release date was an wise move.

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yes he did. He's literally talked about not feeling the hype for the film lol Go back and read his posts 

He said he is not feeling 150+ hype. This is nowhere near the same thing as saying the film has zero hype. No need to twist his words. He predicted $110m opening, which is huge for R-rated films. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I never said no hype. Just not as much as DP1. DP1 felt like an event. DP2 does not. I didn't have a rush to find tickets like I did for the first and I just bought tickets for May 16th. At least here in Brazil things don't look completely nuts like it was with DP1. DP2 should never 1) drop Tim Miller and 2) gone for a "premiere" date. DP could thrive on "off season" dates but I'm not that confident that the May release date was an wise move.

If there was such a rush for DP1 then why did no-one predict a huge OW?

• Like 2

I don't know why anybody would underestimate a Star Wars film domestically. I mean, solo is tracking for about 170 for the 4-day weekend. Unless it's a film that everybody hates, I don't see why it would miss 400 million. And if Deadpool right now is on track for around 140 - 150 opening weekend it certainly won't take much to get to 300 million for that either. I think we're getting off track here, Infinity Wars is going to make a pile of money. I just don't think it gets to 700 because that requires a 2.7 multiplier from the opening weekend. If I'm wrong then so be it but right now I feel pretty confident in that prediction.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jessie said:

If there was such a rush for DP1 then why did no-one predict a huge OW?

Because it was an extremely walk up driven film that relied on its WOM throughout the weekend and anyone who tells you it was anything but that is rewriting history. 

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Infinity Wars is going to make a pile of money. I just don't think it gets to 700 because that requires a 2.7 multiplier from the opening weekend. If I'm wrong then so be it but right now I feel pretty confident in that prediction.

$1.16 billion in 10 days. That’s a gigantic pile of money. Might be able to double that number in the end. Be interesting to see it play out. 

• Like 2