Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

8 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

You’re confusing the number of people who have seen a movie once or twice with the number of people who have seen a movie 10+ times. It’s only day 11 for IW so I am sure it will catch up but as it stands now, I am confident more people have seen LS 10+ times than have seen IW 10+ times. My opinion on this might change in a couple of months but that’s how it is today. 

so fewer individuals saw that movie than the box office total would suggest.  I'd phrase it that way

• Astonished 1

Looks like Jurassic World after inflation is a good comparison point for Infinity War so far. It's the closest comparison point in terms of the gross through 10-11 days.

JW with inflation is $447m through 10 days and $460m through 11 days. Infinity War will be around $454m through 10 days and $464m through 11 days. JW with inflation finishes at $724m and it will be interesting to see if Infinity War can keep pace over the long haul.

• Like 1

Here are some approximate current mulipliers based on the F-S gross from the first weekend a film played in 1000+ theaters. 

AIW: 1.76

AQP: 3.19

IFP: 2.36

R: 2.37

BP: 3,43

TOD: 2.05

ST2: 1.70

B: 2.73

RPO: 3.19

IOD: 5.20

T: 2.08

ICOI: 4.79

TPA: 2.50

AWIT: 2.88

SG: 3.88

AQP has the best multiplier for a horror film in quite a while; but I certainly welcome a fact check here. BP is huge for such a massive opening. ST2 is making a run for worst multiplier of the year. RPO is slightly inflated since it opened before its first Friday. IOD is screwy due to a few weeks of limited release. ICOI is a beast. TPA has a decent multiplier for a Tyler Perry film. SG is yet another leggy animated film.

37 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

You’re confusing the number of people who have seen a movie once or twice with the number of people who have seen a movie 10+ times. It’s only day 11 for IW so I am sure it will catch up but as it stands now, I am confident more people have seen LS 10+ times than have seen IW 10+ times. My opinion on this might change in a couple of months but that’s how it is today. 

I don't think watching any movie 10 times in its first run is something to be proud of or encouraged

Edited by tribefan695

4 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Here are some approximate current mulipliers based on the F-S gross from the first weekend a film played in 1000+ theaters. 

AIW: 1.76

AQP: 3.19

IFP: 2.36

R: 2.37

BP: 3,43

TOD: 2.05

ST2: 1.70

B: 2.73

RPO: 3.19

IOD: 5.20

T: 2.08

ICOI: 4.79

TPA: 2.50

AWIT: 2.88

SG: 3.88

AQP has the best multiplier for a horror film in quite a while; but I certainly welcome a fact check here. BP is huge for such a massive opening. ST2 is making a run for worst multiplier of the year. RPO is slightly inflated since it opened before its first Friday. IOD is screwy due to a few weeks of limited release. ICOI is a beast. TPA has a decent multiplier for a Tyler Perry film. SG is yet another leggy animated film.

How about Love, Simon though?

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Regardless of the film, I don't think watching any movie 10 times in its first run is something to be proud of or encouraged

It is more a measure of fan reaction, although it is a source of pride for some. Repeat viewings by large numbers of hardcore fans certainly helped the grosses of some films, like TFA and Titanic if you want to go way back. High numbers of repeat viewings for AIW should be easy to spot in the weeks ahead, provided they occur (and I am fairly certain they will, as evidenced by one BOT poster who has already seen it six times). The level of repeat viewings and fan adoration help define a film’s future fondness beyond just box office grosses.

11 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't think watching any movie 10 times in its first run is something to be proud of or encouraged

Overtime I think it's appropriate, but not within the release - unless it's an event movie.

16 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Overtime I think it's appropriate, but not within the release - unless it's an event movie.

Appropriate to be proud about multiple movie watching (or anything movie related really) !? Not sure what does that would even mean.....

It is normal to be ostensibly want to make other of your clan known that you are on their team and at a high level (look how much pro-sport fans will spend to achieve that), but proud is a strange word to use for anything that you have zero accomplishment in, like movies other people made.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2