Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I don't know if there were DH Part 1/Part 2 double features but I know there were marathons of all 8 movies.

Anyone who attended those deserves a medal for willpower.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Clearly you don't live in the same film community that I do. T2 is widely considered one of the greatest sci-fi action movies of all time.

What do you expect from someone who seems to have seen a total of about 40 films (most of them ones I'd put on TV to punish my nephew)?

4 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Terminator 2 is praised by the whole of the film community ? What ? It was just a simple blockbuster , nothing more nothing less. There’s nothing special, in terms of quality in t2, just a great action sci-fi film and that’s about it. It’s not like it’s apocalypse now or godfather 2.

lol

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Predictions next week:

Life of the Party: $24M

Breaking In: $22M

Expect Sunday (Mother's Day) to make up a good portion of their openings.

I'm thinking 18M for both. Life of the Party will behave like Snatched with better legs, and I expect Breaking In to finish in the low-40s.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Eh. I'd rather see Isle of Dogs or RPO than IW

Infinity War is a much better movie than both of those. Ready Player One is a boring mess; choose Blockers before that one. Isle of Dogs is solid but doesn't sit well. It's probably Anderson's worst movie that isn't Life Aquatic or Moonrise Kingdom.

• Astonished 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm thinking 18M for both. Life of the Party will behave like Snatched with better legs, and I expect Breaking In to finish in the low-40s.

Don't bet against Melissa McCarthy though. The Boss opened to $23M despite poor reviews and barely a hook ("Come see Melissa as a Martha Stewart-type business tycoon!"), and Tammy opened over $30M for its 5-day launch despite shit reviews and no hook at all. Add in the Mother's Day weekend launch and I have a hard time seeing it go below $20M.

Infinity War is a much better movie than both of those. Ready Player One is a boring mess; choose Blockers before that one. Isle of Dogs is solid but doesn't sit well. It's probably Anderson's worst movie that isn't Life Aquatic or Moonrise Kingdom.

Blockers looks bad. I won't watch it. IW also looks bad. I won't watch it. Isle of Dogs looks good so I'm certainly interested. RPO looks okay so maybe in my book

Tully looks amazing so it's a hard yes from me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Blockers looks bad. I won't watch it. IW also looks bad. I won't watch it. Isle of Dogs looks good so I'm certainly interested. RPO looks okay so maybe in my book

Tully looks amazing so it's a hard yes from me

Blockers and Infinity War are two of the best movies of the year. Don't be a slave to trailers.

• Like 4

Blockers and Infinity War are two of the best movies of the year. Don't be a slave to trailers.

:kitschjob:

But do you think I'll like them? Let's remember who hate Civil War with a burning passion here