Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

39 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Crazy to think that this will manage to get over 0.5A, glad to see another movie make it into this elite club!

To those questioning how monumental this milestone is realise that only 5 non Jim films in the entire human history have made 0.5A

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That's me! :hellothere:

I'm not worried cause OW was laughably underestimated so I expect this weekend to be underestimated too. First 3-4 BP weekends also went up with actuals by quite a lot. 

Out of its 11 weekend in theaters,  only 1 was overestimated with actuals. The other 10 were underestimated.

32 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Fun fact: No franchise has two movies  in the top 10 WW.

Except for Avengers.

By next summer they could have FOUR. :rofl:

By next year MCU can have FIVE movies in top 10 if JW2 does not unseat Black Panther. 

Thats 5, thats 50% of the top 10 all time

If any MCU fan does not have this face:ohmygod: at such achievements and are sad about something then they should admit themselves into an asylum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

I guess based on your post spoilers are allowed in this thread, but just in case

Edit im on a cell phone (android- my ios died) and cant delete the spoiler tags. Deleted everything in there however

Edited by MrSinister
Saw no spoilers so no quoting

6 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

lol i guess it dropped on Saturday :jeb!: 

2 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

That's a solid 10k PTA. This is following Ingrid Goes West's PTAs pretty closely among recent indies, so hopefully it doesn't collapse in wide like that did.

50 minutes ago, MrSinister said:

Week after next.

next weekend is China and it just broke a billion. Give it another weekend there and it’ll have blown past 1.5 Billi worldwide easy

Next weekend will probably be over 1.5B. 

Also I am not sure why people are going so extreme in the pessimistic direction after a 57% weekend drop (maybe a tad better if Sat was depressed a bit from sporting events). 

Some of you are predicting the same multi as AoU. AoU had an OW multi of 1.46x OW after its second weekend. IW is already around 1.74x. So it would have to have significantly worse legs going forward to only hit 2.4x. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Welp, no point in me going see this movie  in theaters now, I'll wait for the blueray.

Yeah, me too. I'll download the bootleg version if I'm bored. :sparta:

(On a serious note) The movie is in its 2nd weekend of release, why would someone think spoilers are condonable? Would it be cool if someone just went like LUKE DIES on the forums during the 2nd weekend of TLJ i.e.?

Edited by MCKillswitch123