baumer

Monday number IW 8.3

Another amusing thing about IW's gross, by Thursday it will pass WB's year to date gross.

So with the Monday numbers included the total domestic will be at 460 million.  This is  240 million less than BPs total. Things aren’t going as fast and furious as predicted. What a plot twist... :winomg:

Ehhh it's still up 50mil at the same point and has higher dailies

Edited by Ledmonkey96
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Another amusing thing about IW's gross, by Thursday it will pass WB's year to date gross.

Ehhh it's still up 50mil at the same point and has higher dailies

It’s monday numbers are only 300K higher. Seems to me like the difference is getting smaller and smaller.  Also let’s not forget that DP2 and Solo are coming. IW should have done way bigger numbers in its first 3 weeks to stand a chance.  

6 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Just read that. Hollywood can be incredibly disgusting.

In that case it is not just Hollywood too, it was a french production and like many of those non studio movies:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0945513/companycredits

It was probably massively pre-sold I would imagine, like Valerian, vastly diminishing the difference for them between a failure and a success.

Will tend to have a difference between profit and bonus zone for talent, i.e. for the better it is clearer and they cannot manipulate it to cheat them out of their profits, but CB-0 zone is not == profits (can kick before real profit or after).

Probably a case of pre-sales most market with maybe a if it goes over X you end up sharing a part of it. We cannot mix the it was a safe project a la Logan Lucky financed all by pre-sales type of discourse and have a if it breakout it didn't pay enough at the same time.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

IW forecast:

Remainder of this week: 25.7M (487.1M Total)

May 11: 63.2M (19.8M weekdays, 570.1M Total)

May 18: 33.2M (11.2M weekdays, 614.4M Total)

May 25: 19.5M (11.2M weekdays, 645.1M Total)

Jun 1: 11.1M (5M weekdays, 661.2M Total)

Jun 8: 6.8M (3.3M weekdays, 671.3M Total)

Jun 15: 4.9M (2.5M weekdays, 678.7M Total)

Jun 22: 2.5M (1.6M weekdays, 682.8M Total)

Jun 29: 1.8M (1.1M weekdays, 685.7M Total)

Jul 6: 1.1M (700k weekdays, 687.5M Total)

Jul 13: 700k (400k weekdays, 688.6M Total)

Final Total: 692M (2.69x)

I think it's hitting 700M if the drop this weekend is closer to 40% than 45% and/or the Memorial Day drop is under the high-30s.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It’s monday numbers are only 300K higher. Seems to me like the difference is getting smaller and smaller.  Also let’s not forget that DP2 and Solo are coming. IW should have done way bigger numbers in its first 3 weeks to stand a chance.  

Isn't there some kind of TOS violation on this site for impersonating a semi-famous youtuber? :insane:

Edited by REC
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

IW forecast:

Final Total: 692M (2.69x)

I think it's hitting 700M if the drop this weekend is closer to 40% than 45% and/or the Memorial Day drop is under the high-30s.

... and something in the ballpark of 1.4b OS for a nice 2.1b WW total, give or take 100m.

• Like 1