baumer

Monday number IW 8.3

33 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

why are people surprised this movie was frontloaded? it debuted with 257m, come on

This is heading 2.6-2.8x multi. That's not even frontloaded, that's decent legs right there. Not every movie gets 3x multi lol.

• Like 7

Is this number is accurate, it's going to continue to build upon the 50M lead that it has on BP.

Understanding that at some point the difference between BP and AIW will come together, these are encouraging signs for a 650M+ domestic intake. Maybe more...

25 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

Do you think that Royal Wedding will affect this weekend numbers?

LOL, No.

Eurovision on Saturday though will probably depress the Non-China International Saturday

26 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

This is heading 2.6-2.8x multi. That's not even frontloaded, that's decent legs right there. Not every movie gets 3x multi lol.

I don’t think 2.5x is locked at all. If it drops 50% this weekend it’ll drop at least 55% the weekend after cause of Deadpool 2 and then another drop due to Solo. 

Edited by Mr Impossible

1 minute ago, Mr Impossible said:

I don’t think 2.5x is locked at all. If it drops 50% this weekend it’ll drop at least 55% the weekend after cause of Deadpool 2 and then another 50%+ drop due to Solo. 

memorial day, max is 40% 4 day.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

Do you think that Royal Wedding will affect this weekend numbers?

:hahaha:

Does anyone care for that thing outside of UK? They aren't getting the throne so it's a lesser event. And it isn't like she's Grace Kelly-level of stardom either, American Princess or not. 

This should be an interesting 3rd weekend to follow.  Not sure we've ever had a bonkers superhero movie opening have a 3rd weekend on Mother's Day (vs a 2nd/4th one).  It makes a lot of past movie comparisons hard, unless one thinks this will be the movie to take Mom to this weekend - then, we could have a uber-good hold (I'm not quite gonna go there, since my mom is not typical...and neither am I, although my kids already took me:).  

Edited by TwoMisfits