kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Biggest industry opening weekend across all regions and in 44 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, France (admissions, non-local), Italy (non-local), Spain, UK/Ireland.

Biggest industry single-day grosses in 29 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, UK/Ireland.

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/marvel-studios-avengers-endgame-makes-history-with-1-2-billion-global-debut/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Biggest industry opening weekend across all regions and in 44 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, France (admissions, non-local), Italy (non-local), Spain, UK/Ireland.

Biggest industry single-day grosses in 29 markets, including Australia, China, Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, UK/Ireland.

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/marvel-studios-avengers-endgame-makes-history-with-1-2-billion-global-debut/

So In Future it Will Be tough to Beat This Record ...  :D

2 hours ago, peludo said:

Applying the same multipliers than IW (I guess that is a big if, but still):

DOM: $923m

China: $520m or $592m (with same multiplier than IW, it would be $592m, but IW opened to 3-days. EG has had 5-day. Taking Maoyan prediction we have $520m. Said this, China has holidays this week so the multiplier could be better.... what a mess)

OS-China: $1.335b

Total: $2.758b (with $520m from China) / $2.85b (with $592m from China)

Hmm game on I guess.

Jim was talking about how then can re-release Avatar in higher quality because it was mostly digital.

I'm thinking a sweet DOLBY 3D only re-release (and China) and make a hot 500m

• Like 1

AEG CM FB2 JW2 AIW BP TLJ
T 45,229 21,707 10,569 18,494 25,650 14,359 9,747
T+1 35,635 19,518 12,890 21,773 22,762 13,250 10,091
T+2 37,301 24,694 20,278 35,916 26,538 14,198 13,699
T+3 49,920 39,832 19,007 36,336 42,070 13,226 13,137
T+4 48,276 37,165     43,099 13,541  
T+5           13,062  
  216,361 142,916 62,744 112,519 160,119 81,636 46,674

3 minutes ago, Mattia Signorini said:

To overcome Avatar it should have a worldwide multiplier of 2.29. Difficult, very difficult. but not impossible

Almost every movie does this multiplier WW but yeah very difficult. 

Btw I an not saying it will be easy, but it's not super hard. It's not 80% fail / 20% succes. More like 50/50 or 40/60

1 hour ago, IceFire9yt said:

So lets see, countries by % increase over IW.

Hong Kong- 56%!

+63% currently. 12.5m (estimate) Endgame OW vs. 7.665m actual IW OW.

2 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Endgame vs Infinity War Comparison

Hong Kong: $12.5m -- $8m

For reference, Infinity War made 7.665m OW.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hmm game on I guess.

Jim was talking about how then can re-release Avatar in higher quality because it was mostly digital.

I really hope that Jim has some dignity left and won't cheat like that. I believe he is a good sport and can take loss with a straight face

1 hour ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Those quite honestly look like conservative baselines. But it will be close and I think it will get the job done. Avatar looked like it would last far into the 2020s until endgame came along. 

If endgame doesn't do it, I think Avatar 2 will, if Avatar 2 doesn't do it (like the majority think), then Avatar really could have held to that crown position far into the 2020's, like 2025- 2027, nothing on the horizon would come close, and it would seriously at least take that many years for MCU to have something like this again (if this is even happening again).

So it's Endgame or Avatar 2, or keeping that global crown for another 6-7 years....

4 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

I really hope that Jim has some dignity left and won't cheat like that. I believe he is a good sport and can take loss with a straight face

Hahahahahaha

What are you on about JimiQ? Are you serious?

wait are you serious?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mattia Signorini said:

To overcome Avatar it should have a worldwide multiplier of 2.29. Difficult, very difficult. but not impossible

That wouldn't be difficult at all for any other MCU film, IW included. However, with a opening at 1.209B+, I got think that global demand is being burnt off far faster than usual, if not, then the reality would be a massive total box office (and attendance) increase in just a year's time in just about every country (some increase by 50% to 70%) , with slightly worse exchange rates. I find that a bit hard to believe, but you never know!

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Hahahahahaha

What are you on about JimiQ? Are you serious?

wait are you serious?

You haven't been serious since I started following forum from about a year ago with "billies", so why should I be serious with you now?

33 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hmm game on I guess.

A re-release may barely make anything (recall T2 re-release in domestic market) unless if there's a serious push for it, Avatar can make quite a bit in re-release in China, but it has to be on the scale comparable to Titanic 3D release.

Just now, JimiQ said:

You haven't been serious since I started following forum from about a year ago with "billies", so why should I be serious with you now?

Ok good, I'm going to assume you weren't being serious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

That wouldn't be difficult at all for any other MCU film, IW included. However, with a opening at 1.209B+, I got think that global demand is being burnt off far faster than usual, if not, then the reality would be a massive total box office (and attendance) increase in just a year's time in just about every country (some increase by 50% to 70%) , with slightly worse exchange rates. I find that a bit hard to believe, but you never know!

I don't think rise on global BO is really needed, just previous movies were underperformers in comparison with the same period last year. We are just now catching up