kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

7 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

That wouldn't be difficult at all for any other MCU film, IW included. However, with a opening at 1.209B+, I got think that global demand is being burnt off far faster than usual, if not, then the reality would be a massive total box office (and attendance) increase in just a year's time in just about every country (some increase by 50% to 70%) , with slightly worse exchange rates. I find that a bit hard to believe, but you never know!

Of course it would have to be a wide-release for maybe 2 weeks.

Release in higher definition and re-render. It could be done, they have much faster rendering facilities now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

I really hope that Jim has some dignity left and won't cheat like that. I believe he is a good sport and can take loss with a straight face

That's not really cheating, If Avatar gets re-release, it would be for the Chinese audience who never got to see it in theaters back then, it may also be beneficial for Avatar 2 promotion, if there's room for benefit there's no reason not to do it, the motivation doesn't have to have anything to do taking back a record.

With massive global inflation + market expansion, every WW total record will fall, getting that WW record would be a win for endgame, but not a "loss" for Cameron. Gone with the wind didn't lose, Star Wars didn't lose, ET didn't lose, Titanic didn't lose, and Avatar won't "lose", once you take that global box office crown, you're cemented as a piece of history.

The question is, can endgame actually take that, or fall slightly short😉

Edited by NCsoft

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

That's not really cheating, If Avatar gets re-release, it would be for the Chinese audience who never got to see it in theaters back then, it may also be beneficial for Avatar 2 promotion, if there's room for benefit there's no reason not to do it, the motivation doesn't have to have anything to do taking back a record.

With massive global inflation + market expansion, every WW total record will fall, getting that WW record would be a win for endgame, but not a "loss" for Cameron. Gone with the wind didn't lose, Star Wars didn't lose, ET didn't lose, Titanic didn't lose, and Avatar won't "lose", once you take that globally crown, you're cemented as a piece of history.

The question is, can endgame actually take that, or fall slightly short😉

Avatar made $200M in China back then 😉

1 minute ago, JimiQ said:

Avatar made $200M in China back then 😉

Yep, I'm aware of that! 

Tripled 2012's all time China record, in what... 3 month after 2012 was released? Must have been the biggest total ownage in Chinese box office history.

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

Almost every movie does this multiplier WW but yeah very difficult. 

Btw I an not saying it will be easy, but it's not super hard. It's not 80% fail / 20% succes. More like 50/50 or 40/60

Yeah, but it had a five day opening in China for example... and also a longer OW in a few other countries.

While that made the OW bigger it will also mean weaker legs. So I agree with you that it should be able to do a 2.3x (though considering China's 3 day Opening) I don't know how much further it will get.

1 minute ago, Taruseth said:

Yeah, but it had a five day opening in China for example... and also a longer OW in a few other countries.

While that made the OW bigger it will also mean weaker legs. So I agree with you that it should be able to do a 2.3x (though considering China's 3 day Opening) I don't know how much further it will get.

The consensus before OW was that China's 5 day OW would actually hurt it because only one day was a day off.  Meanwhile, it has holidays this week.

10 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

The consensus before OW was that China's 5 day OW would actually hurt it because only one day was a day off.  Meanwhile, it has holidays this week.

I know but the OW is like what 335m and predicted final like 550m-600m (maybe higher) that is less than a 2x...

Also maybe I am wrong but normally the late legs are pretty much caused by Japan, Germany and the Uk and occasionally a few other countries. While they all were gigantic they didn't make up a big part in the end.

Edited by Taruseth

36 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Yep, I'm aware of that! 

Tripled 2012's all time China record, in what... 3 month after 2012 was released? Must have been the biggest total ownage in Chinese box office history.

But it got 2 months of open run. That is impossible in today's times when we have lot more releases and most movies end up with little show count after 3-4 weeks.

I think the odds of Avatar falling are probably at 50/50 right now (can't believe I'm typing that). But I think some people are very bullish on its legs. Several markets which opened on Thursday  for IW moved  up to Wednesday for Endgame and some Friday openers moved up to Thursday (going by the imdb release dates). The most obvious of which is China where IW had a 1.9 multi but EG -despite better reception- will probably stop at 1.6-1.7 due to the Wednesday opening. That's something to keep in mind when comparing it to IW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

The projected finish in China is around the same as IW’s multiplier in China with a 590m or so finish, which seems doable now. IW’s adjusted multiplier, taking the front loaded China market into account, brings us to 3 billion. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I know but the OW is like what 335m and predicted final like 550m-600m (maybe higher) that is less than a 2x...

Also maybe I am wrong but normally the late legs are pretty much caused by Japan, Germany and the Uk and occasionally a few other countries. While they all were gigantic they didn't make up a big part in the end.

Add france, spain, brazil (IW record breaking OW over 40% from JL 5-day holiday OW had a 3.7 multi in Brazil 😜 ), LA-Mexico to this list :) Give some countries like Belgium and the Netherlands (but these are to small to make a  big impact put can still help. Also you have to subtrack russia if you want to get he real multi it has to have to get to avatar. 

Edited by pepsa

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Add france, spain, brazil (IW record breaking OW over 40% from JL 5-day holiday OW had a 3.7 multi in Brazil 😜 ), LA-Mexico to this list :) Give some countries like Belgium and the Netherlands (but these are to small to make a  big impact put can still help. Also you have to subtrack russia if you want to get he real multi it has to have to get to avatar. 

True about France, Spain and Brazil.

Belgium and the Netherlands are big for some but totally fail for others.

Also sometimes a total unexpected country stands out, but those few tend to get more important for the final few millions.

though this movie is something totally different so who knows what will happen...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taruseth said:

True about France, Spain and Brazil.

Belgium and the Netherlands are big for some but totally fail for others.

Also sometimes a total unexpected country stands out, but those few tend to get more important for the final few millions.

though this movie is something totally different so who knows what will happen...

Yeah but both mostly have a multi over 3x time OW, tbh a lot of movies can get 5x OW in Belgium. SH are more frontloaded IW did 3x OW in Belgium and Netherlands. So might help a bit. 

Posted by @Claudio from Corpse in relation to Endgame in Japan....

"I have some family plans for most of today, so after the final Sunday update in a few hours, I won't be posting anything else until later this evening (around 5/6PM EST). I'll have several charts up then.  

I will post some data and an estimate in the meantime, though, since Sunday won't be changing much in the last hour or two and I'll be away most of the day:

Endgame will achieve the biggest opening weekend for a superhero film since Spider-Man 3, and it should clear the ¥1 billion milestone over the weekend frame, becoming the only non-Spider-Man superhero film to do so! I'm going to estimate a debut weekend around ¥1.05 billion ($9.4 million) with 675,000 admissions, and a 3-day total of ¥1.6 billion ($14.3 million) with 1,025,000 admissions. This will be slightly above a 50% increase over Infinity War, for comparison.

However, while this debut is excellent, it did show the natural signs of frontloading that nearly every Marvel/DC films experiences, despite its event status. It dropped almost 10% on Sunday, which is a bit high for a film on this scale. This is especially true in very recent years where Sundays have become stronger, and a lot of films have been enjoying Sunday increases. Also, its Sunday is the day before a national holiday (Showa Day) which typically boosts the day, but it didn't here. You could make an argument* that perhaps some are waiting until the holidays to see it, which could be true, we'll have to wait and see."

*This argument doesn't normally ring true, but it may this time around because the next 8 (EIGHT) days are all holidays, every single one of them, creating the first ever Super Golden Week from April 29th-May 6th

and...

And I want to express right now how significant Endgame's debut in Japan really is, because it's going to be viewed as one of its weakest markets this weekend by many, I'm sure, despite it opening 50%+ higher than Infinity War and doubling the debut Marvel's The Avengers.

It's very important to remember that the superhero genre isn't hugely popular in Japan. Out of over 50 Marvel/DC films, only 3 of them have reached blockbuster status (¥5 billion) in the market -- the original Spider-Man trilogy of films. It's a little early, but Endgame will probably get to that milestone when no other superhero film (besides the Spider-Man OT) has come close; none of them even managed to reach ¥4 billion.

So while its debut is going to look "weak" in general, it's only going to be the 7th or 8th biggest debut in just the month of April for example, it's an incredible opening for the superhero genre in the market.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Avengers Endgame Has A Historic Weekend

Avengers - Endgame had a historic weekend as it collected around 157 crore nett plus in its first weekend. The collections went back to its first day level on Sunday. Its is a non Bahubali - The Conclusion record as the three day figures are only behind that film on all formats for the first three days. It has gone way past any Hindi film where the record is 119 crore nett in 3 days set by Sanju last year.

The film has collected 67% more than the previous Avengers film Infinity War which did 94 crore nett in its first three days. That was also a record for a Hollywood film which has been surpassed by leaps and bounds.

The collections of Avengers - Endgame are as follows.

Friday - 53,00,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 51,25,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 53,00,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 1,57,25,00,000 apprx

https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=4962

~27M weekend, I think movie will have legs to reach 65M atleast.

• Like 2

Avengers - Endgame pulverisiert mit $859 Mio. aus 54 Ländern den internationalen Startrekord von Fast & Furious 8 ($443 Mio.).
Weltweit fiel die $1 Mrd.-Marke schon nach fünf Tagen, der alte Rekord lag bei Infinity War mit elf Tagen.
Die besten Ergebnisse:
$330,5 Mio. China (Rekord)
$53,8 Mio. GB (Rekord)
$47,4 Mio. Südkorea (Rekord)
$33,1 Mio. Mexiko (Rekord)
$30,8 Mio. Australien (Rekord)
$26,9 Mio. Deutschland
$26,7 Mio. Indien (Rekord für US-Film)
$26,0 Mio. Brasilien (Rekord)
$24,2 Mio. Frankreich (Besucher-Rekord für US-Film)
$19,0 Mio. Italien (Rekord für US-Film)
$17,9 Mio. Philippinen (Rekord)
$14,3 Mio. Thailand (Rekord)
$14,1 Mio. Indonesien (Rekord)
$13,3 Mio. Spanien (Rekord)
$13,0 Mio. Japan
$12,5 Mio. Hongkong (Rekord)
$12,3 Mio. Taiwan (Rekord)
Insgesamt wurden Startrekorde in 44 Märkten und Tagesrekorde in 29 Märkten aufgestellt.

Die Übersicht über die internationalen $100 Mio.-Erfolge des Jahres gibt es hier:
 International Box Office 2019.

translated per google translate

Avengers - Endgame Powers 'destroyes' at $ 859 Million from 54 Countries, Fast & Furious 8's International Launching Record ($ 443 Million).
Worldwide, the $ 1 billion mark fell after five days, the old record was Infinity War with eleven days.
The best results:
$ 330.5 million China (record)
$ 53.8 million GB/UK (record)
$ 47.4 million South Korea (record)
$ 33.1 million Mexico (record)
$ 30.8 million Australia (record)
$ 26.9 million Germany
$ 26.7 million India (record for US film)
$ 26.0 million Brazil (record)
$ 24.2 million France (visitor record for US film)
$ 19.0 million Italy (record for US film)
$ 17.9 million Philippines (record)
$ 14.3 million Thailand (record)
$ 14.1 million Indonesia (record)
$ 13.3 million Spain (record)
$ 13.0 million Japan
$ 12.5 million Hong Kong (record)
$ 12.3 million Taiwan (record)
Overall, start-up records were set in 44 markets and daily records in 29 markets.

The overview of the international $ 100 million success of the year can be found here: International Box Office 2019. 
International Box Office 2019.

Edited by terrestrial

11 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Yes. Disney isn't going to overestimate because it would look bad if the numbers drop. I'd say OS goes up by at least $10m. Domestic by $5-$10m.

15 hours ago, pepsa said:

I woudn't go as far $15m-$30m because most Asian countries have there sat numbers, most european markets will also have pretty complete sat numbers LA not so sure.

So it has only the sunday numbers and 1/3 of SAT Os-China numbers to go up from. So if it goes up over $5m it's great, might go higher thought.  And yeah dom is going up more than $7m.

First off @VenomXXR I apoligize for trying to correct you! You are right you $15m - $30m OS jump isn't super crazy. I shoudn't have doubted you , because mostelikely you will be right :) 

• Thanks 1