kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

44 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

@Charlie Jatinder What are we looking like for OS gross on Saturday? My head math says $235-$250m.

Endgame did 119m OS-China on Friday. If it has the same jump on Saturday as Infinity War did (+50%) then it will do 178.5. Add 82.5 for China on Saturday and the total OS on Saturday comes to 261m

I dont think it will jump 50% though. But even a 40% jump gets it to 250m. 30% jump gets it to 237.5m

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Endgame did 119m OS-China on Friday. If it has the same jump on Saturday as Infinity War did (+50%) then it will do 178.5. Add 82.5 for China on Saturday and the total OS on Saturday comes to 261m

I dont think it will jump 50% though. But even a 40% jump gets it to 250m. 30% jump gets it to 237.5m

$240 Million To $250 Million ..

Box Office Pro:

Endgame has so far registered all-time single day records in China (incl. midnights), Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, The Philippines, Korea (admissions), UK, Brazil, Mexico, Vietnam, Egypt, Panama, Peru, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay, Trinidad, Ecuador, Uruguay, South Africa and UAE. It has also registered the highest all-time industry opening day in Indonesia, Malaysia, Netherlands, Greece, Portugal, Bosnia/Herz, Czech Rep, Serbia (non-local), Slovakia, Turkey, Ukraine, East Africa and West Africa. Every market saw openings above those Avengers: Infinity War when opening on the same day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-breakeven-profit-after-opening-weekend-box-office-marvel-1202603237/

Deadline says $1.1b opening is in play and $2.5b total may be possible. Oh, and Endgame is poised to make between $600-$700m domestically....

So basically this article is trash and it's only 10 minutes old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-breakeven-profit-after-opening-weekend-box-office-marvel-1202603237/

Deadline says $1.1b opening is in play and $2.5b total may be possible. Oh, and Endgame is poised to make between $600-$700m domestically....

So basically this article is trash and it's only 10 minutes old.

China - 500m

DOM - 700m

OS - 1.3b

total: 2.5b

seems legit 

:apocalypse:

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Box Office Pro:

Endgame has so far registered all-time single day records in China (incl. midnights), Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, The Philippines, Korea (admissions), UK, Brazil, Mexico, Vietnam, Egypt, Panama, Peru, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay, Trinidad, Ecuador, Uruguay, South Africa and UAE. It has also registered the highest all-time industry opening day in Indonesia, Malaysia, Netherlands, Greece, Portugal, Bosnia/Herz, Czech Rep, Serbia (non-local), Slovakia, Turkey, Ukraine, East Africa and West Africa. Every market saw openings above those Avengers: Infinity War when opening on the same day.

At this point, it’ll be way more time-efficient for them to list the countries where it didn’t break records 

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

@ZeeSoh/ @Fake do you see Avatar OS in play.  For that to happen what do we need from some of the big markets.

You can find my analysis based on numbers so far here - https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/27656-avengers-endgame-weekend-thread-l-fri-1567-p-230-od-bigger-than-captain-marvels-ow-l-no-spoilers-even-tagged-sale-now-live-50-off-gold-montly-25-off-gold-annually/?do=findComment&comment=3823572

Based on my above post right now I am seeing 90% of Avatar's OS which would be just 10% short. Please note that I tend to play somewhat conservative so the numbers could be higher. But I dont want to set expectations too high only to be disappointed later on. So there is still a realistic shot but for now I will say No

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Box Office Pro:

Of course Germany and France would disappoint (like always). 

• Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, MattW said:

GTAV was $800m on the first day and a billion after 3 days, Endgame technically will make a billion the end of the day Saturday or early tomorrow, the 4th or 5th day.  But yeah, video game tails are apparently much thinner than movies so GTA probably took a lot longer to hit 1.2b 

as someone who has tracked VG sales for years this is only partially true. 

GTA5 had a massive open, and yes percent wise its 2nd week was a bigger drop than EG will be, but the difference is very good games reach a level where they sell consistently. For instance GTA5 still sells to this day very well.

I have no doubt that GTA5 is the by far the biggest money maker for an entertainment release ever. That 1.2b it made on launch is not just a fraction of its total, lets say1/15th. Where as if EG does well from here out it will be 1/3 at best. 

17 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Of course Germany and France would disappoint (like always). 

Include Japan & Russia Also ... Even Spain ... Basically European Markets & Japan 

Avatar did $171 Million in Japan ... AIW Did Only $33.8 Million ... Look At the Difference 

1 minute ago, Sunny Max said:

Include Japan & Russia Also ... Even Spain ... Basically European Markets & Japan 

Avatar did $171 Million in Japan ... AIW Did Only $33.8 Million ... Look At the Difference 

Yeah it’s never going to be able to surpass it. Avatar smashed to hard in these countries. Don’t think China and US can make up for the difference.

• Like 1