That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm expecting Action Point to perform like Blockers. There's still time for buzz to pick up.

I figured the real stunts aspect would be a decent hook...

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Doth you protest too much, man. Yikes. Anyone this mad about simply saying "discrimination is very real" has some sort of issue. I'm done with you.

I'm not mad. I'm just sick of it all. I know very real shit happens to black people (especially involving police; now that makes me fume) but it's all highlighted and magnified in order to basically perpetuate the black victim complex. Bad shit happens to white people too! People are nasty and rude. They pick on everyone. Get over it!

Edited by JB33
  • Disbelief 2

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP predictions and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-ant-man-wasp-first-purge/

Ant-Man: 84/225 (OW range of 75-95M)

Purge: 20/55

Upgrade: 3/7.5

Deadpool: 133/319 (+2%) (OW range of 125-150M)

Solo: New range of 120-150M for the 3 day and 145-185M for the 4 day

Action Point: 13.5/34 (-21/-20%) (they say it's tracking like Popstar :winomg: )

Solo: 4,100

30M's worth of space for the 3-day range, 40M for the 4-day. Hell of a prediction.:sparta:

Just now, That One Guy said:

Action Point gets decent reactions every time I see it, can see something like 21/60

Yeah, it gets the noisiest reactions in my experience. Lots of laughing and "oooooohs"

Lots of people will end up seeing it, but maybe not in theaters.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Even if Action point flops in theaters, people would likely watch it a lot on VOD or netflix. 

Goddamn how long are you gonna keep up with this shtick.  We get it, no one goes to the theater everyone just watches Netflix

Ant-Man and the Wasp's OW predictions seems fair, I think the Avengers IW bump isn't be as noticeable but still an increase from the first.

I'll be curious to see what they think Skyscraper and Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again will do

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Ant-Man and the Wasp's OW predictions seems fair, I think the Avengers IW bump isn't be as noticeable but still an increase from the first.

I'll be curious to see what they think Skyscraper and Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again will do

The July 20th weekend will be an interesting one for sure between Mamma Mia 2 (one of the bigger wildcards of the summer IMO) and Equalizer II. 

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Goddamn how long are you gonna keep up with this shtick.  We get it, no one goes to the theater everyone just watches Netflix

Um, that was not even my point lol

There a lot of movies that flopped in theatres and did well afterwards before Netflix lol

Edited by Lordmandeep

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

So add in China's opening weekend and IW will officially be over $1B foreign! Unreal! Anyone know how fast F7, FotF, TFA etc reached that mark?

F7- 26 Days

TFA- 33 Days

F8- 47 Days

JW- 89 Days

I can't find a specific date for when Titanic crossed $1 billion OS except that it was around 4 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KP1025 said:

F7- 26 Days

TFA- 33 Days

F8- 47 Days

JW- 89 Days

I can't find a specific date for when Titanic crossed $1 billion OS except that it was around 4 months.

Thank you! Yep, insane run indeed.

25 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I remember those. The Ghostbusters one was embarrassing for sure. As you said, the BP one failed. My question is, is this what we are dealing with re: BREAKING IN?

One of the only trick is to wait for cinemascore and see if there is a major delta... Really hard to have a clue before that, for those less high profile movie it is not necessarily the case.

But for the curent breaking in IMDB score for example, you see a 81 one male vote (with an average 4.6/10 score) for just 7 female vote (with a average 7.7/10 score):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7137846/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

On those platform even with trolling removed, if it is a 100% honest from people that has seen the movie, you still often have a score that is completely unrepresentative of is actual audience (unlike cinemascore):

What happen for critics on a website like RT:

https://www.salon.com/2016/07/31/the_tomatometer_gender_gap_is_real_we_crunched_numbers_on_reviews_of_100_films_aimed_at_women_and_heres_what_we_found/

Often happen on audience score, those platform being often more populated by the 12-45 men group.

• Like 3