That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is up there with Ethan's "there's no hype for Infinity War" post of begging to be mocked down the line if you're being serious.

I dont know a person can say that when the trailer was at over 170 million views (now is 190 million). 

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

Huh.... didn't notice it but BP is still over 1.3k theaters. It's got almost doublt TFA's number at the same time.

It's about to start plummeting though with the home release next week.

11 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Optimistically AIW could do 16.0 (+135%) + 25.6 (+60%) + 18.4 (-28%) = 60.0

Those Sat and Sun holds don't look super optimistic. GotG2  held significantly better with Mother's Day in its second weekend. This is IW's third weekend, that should be an advantage over being in its second weekend. 

Edited by MovieMan89

11 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Optimistically AIW could do 16.0 (+135%) + 25.6 (+60%) + 18.4 (-28%) = 60.0

Those aren't optimistic numbers - that's the lowest Friday jump by far of the big MCU movies and a middle of the road Sat jump and MD hold.

Edited by TalismanRing

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

IW has also been the king of Sun holds so far, and this time it has a holiday Sunday. Sub 20% wouldn't totally shock me for MD. 

i thought last sunday hold was abnormal due to a lesser sat bump than expected. this time if it bumps 60% or more like normal mcu films then sun hold may not be that great. don't know if it's really an MD film. CW didn't do well on MD. It fell on OW Sunday for CW and the drop was higher than other MCU OW Sundays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

i thought last sunday hold was abnormal due to a lesser sat bump than expected. this time if it bumps 60% or more like normal mcu films then sun hold may not be that great. don't know if it's really an MD film. CW didn't do well on MD. It fell on OW Sunday for CW and the drop was higher than other MCU OW Sundays.

:gold::gold::gold:

I thought everyone had finally moved on from trying to compare this to that wretched beast which should not be named? IW is obviously way more casual appealing than that ever was. I don't see why it would be any less appealing of an MD film than GotG2. 

My daily guess for IW is probably:

Friday - $15.4 mil

Saturday - $23.34 mil

Sunday - $20.15 mil

$58.89 mil

(obviously since I do week to week that Saturday number will probably be higher, and Sunday probably lower due to the bad Saturday last week)

Edited by ChipMunky
  • Like 1