CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Watching 50 movies gives one a grasp of finance and monopolies and makes one condescending. Gotcha! And seeing that I am not from US and English is not my first language I am perfectly placed to understand all of the above. 

Now if you could come out of dreamland and realise we live in a capitalist world, I would like to ask what is your realistic solution to this problem coz making less of the movies that makes a boatload of cash for hollywood is sure as hell not a realistic or attractive option for hollywood. It’s dandy one can cry about problems but coming up with realistic solutions (making fewer CBM is the opposite of realistic)is a lot harder. 

I think the cash is good but if it's just going to be spend making more consumerist candy for the sweet toothed massed what's the point in that. To be honest I'm not complaining though MCU is keeping the cinema audiences attending which is great, also feeding them mediocre films so that when a truly great films film comes along it will make extreme gangbusters and break more records seen than every before making 4 billies worlwide and becoming the highest grossing film of all time by the same director not once, not twice but thrice though>

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You really don't like Avatar do you! I hope you don't make it a point to route for Avatar 2's box office failure because if you get too heavily invested in that you're in for a world of despair.

I never bet against James Cameron at the box office. I'm truly fine with the films being made but I won't be seeing them. I hope you enjoy them though.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I never bet against James Cameron at the box office. I'm truly fine with the films being made but I won't be seeing them. I hope you enjoy them though.

pragmatic!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I think the cash is good but if it's just going to be spend making more consumerist candy for the sweet toothed massed what's the point in that. To be honest I'm not complaining though MCU is keeping the cinema audiences attending which is great, also feeding them mediocre films so that when a truly great films film comes along it will make extreme gangbusters and break more records seen than every before making 4 billies worlwide and becoming the highest grossing film of all time by the same director not once, not twice but thrice though>

The asylum's let you have a computer again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Also to add to what I said above, I love my SH movies and HP movies and LotR and SW movies. And so do millions of people around the world and like them I want more. One must feel mightily entitled to demand less of what millions of people like simply because you dont like them or want something else. Just because one’s pretentiousness is not being fulfilled or being threatened by 6 movies in a year is not hollywoods problem

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

#SuperheroFatigue 

DP2 also out-opened its reported production budget (110m) which was almost double the first Deadpool's reported production budget (58m).

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

The asylum's let you have a computer again?

while I must admit I need to go to sleep and am stuck too tired to go to bed limbo what I just wrote was truthful and correct

4 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

But even if you like avatar (and basically only Cameron films)  , like ironjimbo , why blame CBM ? Cameron basically  had a blank check after titanic to make as many movies as he wanted, how is it the .CBM genre to blame that he decided that he would make ONE movie in the next 20+ years and then instead of taking advantage of avatar’s success and “blessing” us with more original “masterpieces” he would commit himself to making avatar sequels (with the first one being released 10+ years after the original) until he dies ? Shouldn’t someone who likes Cameron movies, I don’t know , blame Cameron for basically being inactive when he could be making whatever movies he wanted with unlimited budgets ? 

someone made a box office record breaking film and then made all kinds of films afterwards with those blank checks ;)

Last I checked there are plenty of other films that get huge budgets too. What is this false narrative that only CBM get big budgets? 

We have like 6 CBM coming out this year. That's literally nothing when you compare it to the amount of dramas and comedies that we get. 

I always hear this bitching and complaining about oh Hollywood needs to think outside the box but when they actually do and deliver an original product 90% of the time no one shows up. 

People show up to CBM. They like CBM. So Hollywood is going to keep making CBM

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Watching 50 movies gives one a grasp of finance and monopolies and makes one condescending. Gotcha! And seeing that I am not from US and English is not my first language I am perfectly placed to understand all of the above. 

Now if you could come out of dreamland and realise we live in a capitalist world, I would like to ask what is your realistic solution to this problem coz making less of the movies that makes a boatload of cash for hollywood is sure as hell not a realistic or attractive option for hollywood. It’s dandy one can cry about problems but coming up with realistic solutions (making fewer CBM is the opposite of realistic)is a lot harder. 

Here, let me spell it out for you.

1. CBMs make a lot of money so Hollywood makes even more CBMs.

2. Eventually, between saturation and the inevitable decline in quality, CBMs stop making a lot of money.

3. Foreign markets, namely China, see all of this money being made by CBMs and they decide to start making their own big budget movies while locking out some American big budget movies and CBMs.

4. With less domestic and foreign grosses for CBMs, Hollywood starts making fewer of them and the ones that are made now are cheaper - and they look it.

5. This downward spiral continues until the genre becomes a shell of what it once was just like with what happened to westerns, rom coms, etc.

You can remove #3 above and find examples of that behavior across numerous industries that become flooded with similar product that eventually reduces product quality and damages the industry.

By all means, please keep shouting from the rooftops how great CBMs are for the industry, irrespective of how they are crowding out other films and hurting the industry.

9 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I wish people wouldn't quote people I have on ignore... it ruins the reading experience.  LOL

When you have someone on ignore you dont even see their posts? lol

5 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Here, let me spell it out for you.

1. CBMs make a lot of money so Hollywood makes even more CBMs.

2. Eventually, between saturation and the inevitable decline in quality, CBMs stop making a lot of money.

3. Foreign markets, namely China, see all of this money being made by CBMs and they decide to start making their own big budget movies while locking out some American big budget movies and CBMs.

4. With less domestic and foreign grosses for CBMs, Hollywood starts making fewer of them and the ones that are made now are cheaper - and they look it.

5. This downward spiral continues until the genre becomes a shell of what it once was just like with what happened to westerns, rom coms, etc.

You can remove #3 above and find examples of that behavior across numerous industries that become flooded with similar product that eventually reduces product quality and damages the industry.

By all means, please keep shouting from the rooftops how great CBMs are for the industry, irrespective of how they are crowding out other films and hurting the industry.

What are you even on about. Only fucking six CBMs are coming out this year. The same amount as last year. That’s barely anything. Also you know this info how? Are you a part of a studio’s accounting group?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

But even if you like avatar (and basically only Cameron films)  , like ironjimbo , why blame CBM ? Cameron basically  had a blank check after titanic to make as many movies as he wanted, how is it the .CBM genre to blame that he decided that he would make ONE movie in the next 20+ years and then instead of taking advantage of avatar’s success and “blessing” us with more original “masterpieces” he would commit himself to making avatar sequels (with the first one being released 10+ years after the original) until he dies ? Shouldn’t someone who likes Cameron movies, I don’t know , blame Cameron for basically being inactive when he could be making whatever movies he wanted with unlimited budgets ? 

Jim and inactive is in the same sentence is something that someone who likes Cameron would never write! It's fair to be upset that he isn't making more movies but to blame him is selfish on our part, the man has other interests outside of film-making which take he chose to pursue instead. Who are we to attach a ball and chain to his ankle? The amount of preparation going into the Avatar sequels is unheard of and also has consumed much of his time, he spent over a year writing the scripts while the design team hammered away at the new entities and environments.

http://www.deepseachallenge.com/

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

I'm 99.9% sure that even without China CBM would be profitable. The horror of making only $700-$750M WW as opposed to $800-$850M WW 

BP made 1B without China. 

• Like 2